Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 05-14-2011, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Command-space bar not working

you are awsome, thanks!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM

I know this problem has been solved for some by deleting the .plist file - but it never worked for me and I have found another possible culprit - I thought I'd share this fix for the extremely frustrated.

If anyone out there is using Parallels on your mac, there is a keyboard & mouse settings tab in the preferences that also needs to have command space (and command option space) disabled. It's a key-combo to "change language" in windows.

I found that after Parallels was launched - even if quit - it would still prevent me from using command space to record. Now with the keys disabled, it always works perfectly.

Hope this helps!

-Mark
Old 07-11-2012, 04:07 AM

I have followed the instructions and have made it so the space bar and command works for starting record. But this shortcut makes it record it in double time. Does anyone know how i fix this?? I am running Pro Tools 8 HD
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 AM

I've tried deleting the com.apple.symbolichotkeys.plist file now, twice. Restarting, and the unclickn'n the spotlight shortcut.

No luck. It's still doensn't work. :-(

I'm on Mac OS 10.8.2 and PT 10.3.0.

Can anybody help?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 AM

F12 and or (keypad) #3 ? They don't work for you ?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:10 AM

thank you so much again & again
cmd+space is a must have
Old 07-28-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchoo0 View Post
Is the spotlight menu keyboard shortcut using command spacebar? You can change this in the spotlight prefs.

Yes, in my case this was the problem and you solved it for me. Thanks so much, little bugs like this can suck a whole lot of energy out, Karma back, from Australia.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:07 AM

Was having the same issue and found this thread. Opened my keyboard shortcut prefs to see if there was something weird going on. (Since accidental update to Mavericks, and I didn't really feel like blowing out all of my custom commands.) An additional menu option popped up for shortcuts - Inputs. command + space seems to have been selected as an option for cycling inputs in this weird menu I've never seen before. I unchecked that box, closed out of prefs and everything's fine now. I was going to reopen the pref window to post an image here, but miraculously that menu has disappeared. Very fishy.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
12-09-2013 01:07 PM
oooanickel
Re: Command-space bar not working
Was having the same issue and found this thread. Opened my keyboard shortcut prefs to see if there was something weird going on. (Since accidental update to Mavericks, and I didn't really feel like blowing out all of my custom commands.) An additional menu option popped up for shortcuts - Inputs. command + space seems to have been selected as an option for cycling inputs in this weird menu I've never seen before. I unchecked that box, closed out of prefs and everything's fine now. I was going to reopen the pref window to post an image here, but miraculously that menu has disappeared. Very fishy.

^^^ YESSS!!! Thank you! This worked! I tried all the previous steps as well, but it still did not work until I went back to the System Prefs > Keyboard- Select "Input Sources" at the top and then at the bottom there is an option to select "Show Input menu in menu bar". Then click on the "Shortcuts" tab and in the mini window to the left, click on "input sources". There you will see the two options you will need to deselect. Once I did that, my Cmd Space bar to record worked again in Pro Tools!
Weird enough, after deselecting this option and going back to the shortcuts tab, it is GONE!

Either way, it works now! Thanks again
Old 09-05-2020, 07:43 AM

this "issue" becomes when you have 2 keyboard input sources...
like me... British and U.S. international pc... why?

there is the same command + space option in:

KEYBOARD PREFERENCES/INPUT SOURCES/SELECT PREVIOUS INPUT SOURCE

and bingo, the SAME shortcut, and the same on spotlight services (show spotlight search field)

simple: just unclick these and be happy again