Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 04-09-2018, 01:08 PM

Default Mbox Pro2 wont talk to Pt 7.1.2

My hard drive crashed and got a new HD. After reinstalling 7.1.2 it won’t see the hardware when loading. The Mbox is is being recognized by the Mac in the FireWire folder. Anyone know where I can find a driver that old.? The driver I have is for 7.3.2r but it’s the oldest available on the Avid website.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Mbox Pro2 wont talk to Pt 7.1.2

I will pay anyone that can get this working for me. PM me if interested.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:41 AM

Not enough info here. Your hard drive crashed and you replaced it. But(the great big BUT) did you install the exact same OS version you had when you installed PT7.1? If you have a newer version of OSX now, you may never get the old version of Pro Tools working again(this would be Apple's fault, not Avid). The good news is; the Mbox Pro2 still works with the latest versions of PT(assuming you install the driver which is a separate download from the Legacy section for hardware drivers). You can access drivers by clicking the link near the top of this(and every) DUC page named Additional Resources. The band news MIGHT be that its time for you to buy a newer version of PT that will work on your current version of OSX(that same link above can also lead you to a page showing which version of PT works with which OSX version you now have)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-11-2018, 11:52 AM

OMG thank you Albee1952 for the reply. Yes The system was restored exactly to the factory original. I Purchased the system at Sweetwater and they provided the original 10.4.7 0S and the ProTools LE 7.1.2 software. I reinstall both with no updates, when I do that ProTools crashes the OS immediately. if I upgrade the OS to 10.4.11 ProTools Will launch but I get the error message can’t find the Digidesign hardware, that’s where I’m at. When the hard drive crashed a new hard drive was put in and the Ram was upgraded to 2 GB.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:17 PM

I'm still not convinced you have a compatible set(OS-Pro Tools_Mbox 2 Pro), but I would bet that Sweetwater installed all the software without having an Mbox to connect. With that in mind, I would re-install Pro Tools and when the installer tells you "Connect Interface"; Connect the Mbox, wait about 8 seconds and click Okay(I'm fishing a bit here as LE7 is really old and I have not done an install on a Mac system in years). If that doesn't work, get back on the phone with Sweetwater

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave