Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2023, 03:41 AM

Default Re: New Track widths PT 2023.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
So, apparently AAX is supported in Native and Rosetta
No. I don't know how to be more clear on this but the info you saw is wrong. Exponential Audio plugins are not supported as native Apple ARM in AAX format. There's a whole other thread here that goes over this (native plugins.)
https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us...-Apple-silicon
Go to the lower section for Exponential Audio plugins. Look to the third column. This is known info so not up for debate. It is a thorn in many of our sides and we are acutely aware of what is (and isn't!) happening with Izotope and Exponential Audio reverbs. The day Izotope makes those native, there will be actual celebration in these forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Regarding the Liquisonics, I have Cinematic Rooms Professional V 1.2.6 which I assume is the latest, as I did download it from their website a couple of days ago. It´s the one that has the new presets.
1.2.6 for Cinematic Rooms Pro is correct (see my screenshot earlier.) But it may not have installed correctly (see other user) where the plugin didn't actually install/update. Try deleting the AAX plugin and then reinstall (as the other use did.) Have you checked with Pete Gates utility I posted earlier? That scans the actual plugins in your plugin folder for info instead of counting on what installer you ran.
Old 06-20-2023, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoftcentre View Post
I had the same problem after installing the new versions over the old - it didn't overwrite the old ones. I deleted the plugins in the AAX plugin folder then reinstalled and everything is hunky dory.
Yes, thanks, that did the trick.Liquisonics know working as multichannel on new track widths.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 06-20-2023, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
No. I don't know how to be more clear on this but the info you saw is wrong. Exponential Audio plugins are not supported as native Apple ARM in AAX format. There's a whole other thread here that goes over this (native plugins.)
Go to the lower section for Exponential Audio plugins. Look to the third column. This is known info so not up for debate. It is a thorn in many of our sides and we are acutely aware of what is (and isn't!) happening with Izotope and Exponential Audio reverbs. The day Izotope makes those native, there will be actual celebration in these forums.
OK, thanks. I think that they should get the info right on the webpage of the product.

Quote:
1.2.6 for Cinematic Rooms Pro is correct (see my screenshot earlier.) But it may not have installed correctly (see other user) where the plugin didn't actually install/update. Try deleting the AAX plugin and then reinstall (as the other use did.) Have you checked with Pete Gates utility I posted earlier? That scans the actual plugins in your plugin folder for info instead of counting on what installer you ran.
Ya, I did that, it worked, thanks. I used Liquisonics own uninstall tool, it can be found here under Technical:

https://www.liquidsonics.com/knowledge-base/

Paulo M

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 06-20-2023, 02:48 PM

I don't even see the point in any 3rd-party developers spending their valuable time creating versions of their plugins for these channel widths of 7.1.4 and above, since Dolby don't have a 7.1.4 bed or above to address it to ...

. . . and from what it appears, they never will.
It's not Avid or any 3rd-party making it impossible here, it's Dolby.
see this post by Marianna, where she attempted to create a "Dolby Atmos Bridge" ;-)

Last edited by Tweakhead; 06-20-2023 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
I don't even see the point in any 3rd-party developers spending their valuable time creating versions of their plugins for these channel widths of 7.1.4 and above, since Dolby don't have a 7.1.4 bed or above to address it to ...
The point is you can have 4 static objects for the .4.

The convenience is a 7.1.4 plugin is on one track to manipulate (including automation) vs what we had to do before which was linking plugins across different busses/channels (and then making any automation tedious as it had to be copied to multiple tracks.) A decorrelated reverb on one track is much easier to deal with.

It also makes it easier to send audio to a re-recording mixer if the 7.1.4 is one track (we've had to do a 7.1 + quad track before)

And besides all that, there are utility plugins. Like, I have asked about when Spanner is going to support these widths so at the very least, I can use its controls for folding things down. (FYI, not anytime soon is this coming per Justin)
Old 06-21-2023, 11:08 AM

Quote:
A little bit on the side of the subject, but I found that I can use Exponential Audio reverbs in stereo mode on Apple Silicon with Protools. VST3 works within Waves Studio Rack AAX plugin inserted on a mono or stereo track. Not 3D, only stereo, but at least I can use it to some extent.

Paulo M

Protools Studio 2024.3