Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Quick punch over several tracks /existing playlist causes randomly crash to desktop.

Hello to all,

I use a PT HD 8.0 cs2 HD4 (Digidesign expansion chassis) on an AMD Opteron Tyan Board based system.

I regulary work with "Quick punch" enabled, start playback and hit the record button via keyboard or Command 8 or Control 24.

I regulary record several tracks at once. e.g. for guitars recorded with several microphones at once.

If the session in a state where several tracks already existing,
e.g. 14 tracks drums, 4 tracks bass guitar, 5 tracks guitar 1 and I want to do an overdub on these 5 tracks guitar, Pro Tools start recording as usual, but freezes completly if I stop the record and crash to desktop.

This crash is reproducible, if I switch now to track punch instead, everything is working fine.

Anyone could help here ?

Thanks in advance,
greetings to all,
Goetz
Old 04-28-2009, 02:29 AM

Lightbulb Re: Quick punch over several tracks /existing playlist causes randomly crash to deskt

Hello to all,
does this crash only happens to me? Couldn´t imagine because it happens in so much different sessions, quick punch over existing playlist is not reliable for me at the moment.

A few minutes ago it happens again,
access violations in DFW.dll.

So if anyone could help or at least could confirm, this would be helpful.

Greetings to all,
Goetz
Old 10-13-2009, 08:31 AM

Red face Re: Quick punch over several tracks /existing playlist causes randomly crash to deskt

I found out some of the circumstances which could lead into a PT crash,
if using Quick punch over exitsing playlists.

If your inside of a record range and hit record in quick punch mode on a record enabled track, you´ll got good chances to run into a recording error.

A workarround is to click into the timeline once, to disable the record range/selection.

Greetings,
Tracery
Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Quick punch over several tracks /existing playlist causes randomly crash to deskt

Try opening the session while holding the Shift key(to disable all plugins) and see if the session still crashes(with all plugins disabled). I wonder if its a plugin causing it.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Thumbs down Re: Quick punch over several tracks /existing playlist causes randomly crash to deskt

Hello,

I moved over to a G5 Quadcore a few months ago, so much better working as on Win XP, but the Quick punch over several tracks inside the loop range crash also exits here!

Anyone has an idea why ?

Disabling the loop range selection let this feature works fine without problems.

Greetings