Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2003, 05:54 PM

Default How to get back Waves presets after upgrading ProTools??

I upgraded from ProTools 5.3.1 to 5.3.1r2. I thought I could prevent losing my plug-in presets by dragging the DAE folder to another location before upgrading......HOWEVER, I drug it to my backup drive rather than to another folder on the same drive. I assume this was my mistake, since I lost all my plug-in presets.

It was easy to reload presets for Reverb One, Bomb Factory, and McDSP plug-ins; I just went to the installation disks and drug the presets to the DAE folder.

However, I apparently can't do this using the Waves Gold installation disk....or at least I can't figure out how to do it. It starts right into the installation process; no apparent way to open a presets folder and drag from that.

What do I need to do to get the Waves presets again? I sure hope I don't have to download the Waves 3.6 upgrade again, and go thru the dreaded reauthorization process!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Mike