Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2009, 05:09 PM

Default Re: The Official Unofficial Windows 7 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Well let me tell you what I did. I just followed the ON Screen instructions, all it fine. There was no 'Plug your Interface IN NOW" message during the 8.0.4 installation. Just turn it on after it installes and the driver will start loading your interface. The you can Click on Devices And Printer and see your interface.
Thanks mate.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:37 PM

BENONI
Quote:
You have the M-Box 2? Some one said changing the driver from the 8.0.4 to 8.0.3 solved that problem with the Mboxes
Benoni.... I have a Digi3 rack
I tried changing to the 8.0.3 ..system crashes and i get a blue screen.
any other suggestions?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Digi3?? You mean 003R or 003 consol? what driver is your firewire controller using?
Sorry I meant 003R, I have it on legacy....
Thank you
Old 12-18-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, i have already mentioned you need to change that back to the default driver for your mobo or firewire card. For me it was the LSI driver. So try out the other options you have.
Hello Benoni
You got me trying everything possible and the final result..... IT'S WORKING SUPER!!!!!

1000 Grazie!!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM

I feel like I am so close. AHHH! I got Protools 8 LE and I am trying to load it after the install and it says "unable to locate digidesign hardware" again!

No lights on my Mbox 2 at all. What do I do?

It does work because I plugged it into another computer that had windows xp and the lights came on.

Please help me
Old 12-18-2009, 08:56 PM

OK, I've installed Win7 Pro 64bit and have laboriously installed PT 8.03 on a new Intel X25-M SSD, in hopes a lightning-fast HD killer. My system is an Intel Smackover-based 920 @3.41Ghz.

In just playing back old sessions, it seems to work. I haven't recorded anything yet.

Oxford Reverb (one instance, on an aux send) takes up about 70% of the rtas cpu. Obviously it doesn't like either 8.03 or 64bit Windows.

Eleven LE takes about 20% of the rtas cpu. Again, one instance.

Even without these in my sessions, the system is not as responsive as 32bit XP Pro was (on a standard 7200rpm sata).

I'm happy in that I got it all installed and (barely) working. There are some issues that may be beyond my control at this time.

I'll poke around some more tomorrow, I'm tired and headed to bed. If I don't make any headway, I'll make an image of this W7x64 and just put my XPx32 back on the SSD. That worked like a charm anyway.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblanton66 View Post
OK, I've installed Win7 Pro 64bit and have laboriously installed PT 8.03 on a new Intel X25-M SSD, in hopes a lightning-fast HD killer. My system is an Intel Smackover-based 920 @3.41Ghz.

In just playing back old sessions, it seems to work. I haven't recorded anything yet.

Oxford Reverb (one instance, on an aux send) takes up about 70% of the rtas cpu. Obviously it doesn't like either 8.03 or 64bit Windows.

Eleven LE takes about 20% of the rtas cpu. Again, one instance.

Even without these in my sessions, the system is not as responsive as 32bit XP Pro was (on a standard 7200rpm sata).

I'm happy in that I got it all installed and (barely) working. There are some issues that may be beyond my control at this time.

I'll poke around some more tomorrow, I'm tired and headed to bed. If I don't make any headway, I'll make an image of this W7x64 and just put my XPx32 back on the SSD. That worked like a charm anyway.
start by trashing your databases, prefs, app data. use digi tech support utility or grab my app which should be on the last page or 2 on the i7 thread.

did you do any testing before all your plugs was installed??? this is gonna be a big issue everyone has to pay attention to. this can kill everything if the plug installs are not done slowly and testing as you go. most rtas plugs will have never been tested on a 64 bit system. i have some plugs with issues listed on the 64 bit thread. make sure you check all your plugs for the latest installers as well.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 12-18-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlevelowls View Post
I feel like I am so close. AHHH! I got Protools 8 LE and I am trying to load it after the install and it says "unable to locate digidesign hardware" again!

No lights on my Mbox 2 at all. What do I do?

It does work because I plugged it into another computer that had windows xp and the lights came on.

Please help me
read this thread back the last few pages. look for legacy firewire drivers.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 12-19-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
start by trashing your databases, prefs, app data. use digi tech support utility or grab my app which should be on the last page or 2 on the i7 thread.

did you do any testing before all your plugs was installed??? this is gonna be a big issue everyone has to pay attention to. this can kill everything if the plug installs are not done slowly and testing as you go. most rtas plugs will have never been tested on a 64 bit system. i have some plugs with issues listed on the 64 bit thread. make sure you check all your plugs for the latest installers as well.

Thanks for the response. And without sounding like I'm immune to troubleshooting 101 steps, I'll ask:
This is a fresh install--what would need to be trashed? And how do I test other than bringing up familiar sessions and seeing how it goes?
The Eleven issue was a little curious, but I'm not surprised with the Sonnox. And they RARELY update their installers, I indeed checked last night (as I did for every installer) as things got installed. If I recall, the one there now is from the 7.4 update. I use that plug a lot, and although I now have TL Space from the MPTK, this is a deal-killer for me. I'll send Sonnox tech an email describing the issue but while all this gets sorted out I'll just use trusty ol' XP.

A couple other thoughts, as I really didn't have any issues with the install:
Did a clean install from ISO image of 7 Pro x64 that was downloaded from Microsoft Friday. My MB is the Intel Smackover, which has the TI firewire. Connected to the internet and ran Windows Update, it downloaded only 9 files one of which was a new video driver (ATI 3450).
If anyone cares, the "Experience Index" had proc at 7.5, memory at 7.9, and hard disk at 7.8 (out of 7.9). Wow. Video was at 4.0
Set a couple things due to the SSD (restore off, moved swap file, indexing off). Win7 x64 seemed pretty quick.

Installed PT8 from original cd(ran as administrator--EVERY 'setup.exe', PT and ensuing plugins was 'run as administrator'). I did not have the ilok or 003+ connected. Rebooted.
Ran 8.03 update. Rebooted.
Installed x64 drivers. Message saying I had to first uninstall the 8.03 drivers (via add/remove programs) which I did, and rebooted.
Installed x64 drivers again (successfully). Note that I was never prompted to plug in my hardware, although it did prompt somewhere to make sure it was NOT plugged in. Rebooted.
Plugged in ilok and started PT (after setting shortcut to run as admin). Prompted me to plug in hardware, which I did for the first time. Drivers loaded fine. Recognized rack unit as 003 (not 003+), but no biggie.
Took PT a couple minutes to load all the plugs--seemed to go very slow considering the hardware. Poked around, then exited.
Ran the MPTK2 installer and all the extra plugin installers (Factory bundle, etc).
Installed Sonnox Oxford Reverb. Got stuck here (same thing happened with PT8 install on XP) as the installer isn't smart enough to see that ilok ver 8.5.12 (or whatever) is newer that 8.5.5. Had to then uninstall ilok, reboot, reinstall plug, which installs older driver, reboot, continue Oxford Reverb install, then manually run the latest ilok driver installer.
Re-started PT and it still took a while to load.
Loaded a recent simple session (4 or 5 tracks, aux for Reverb, master fader) and rtas cpu was in the RED. Started removing plugs and like I posted earlier Oxford Reverb was the main one (between 60-70%). With that removed I could play the track. There was no static or distortion. But alas, as I have no main reason to push x64 (I have 6 gigs of ram), and I don't want to be without Oxford Reverb, for now I'll head back to the XP world.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblanton66 View Post
Thanks for the response. And without sounding like I'm immune to troubleshooting 101 steps, I'll ask:
This is a fresh install--what would need to be trashed? And how do I test other than bringing up familiar sessions and seeing how it goes?
The Eleven issue was a little curious, but I'm not surprised with the Sonnox. And they RARELY update their installers, I indeed checked last night (as I did for every installer) as things got installed. If I recall, the one there now is from the 7.4 update. I use that plug a lot, and although I now have TL Space from the MPTK, this is a deal-killer for me. I'll send Sonnox tech an email describing the issue but while all this gets sorted out I'll just use trusty ol' XP.

A couple other thoughts, as I really didn't have any issues with the install:
Did a clean install from ISO image of 7 Pro x64 that was downloaded from Microsoft Friday. My MB is the Intel Smackover, which has the TI firewire. Connected to the internet and ran Windows Update, it downloaded only 9 files one of which was a new video driver (ATI 3450).
If anyone cares, the "Experience Index" had proc at 7.5, memory at 7.9, and hard disk at 7.8 (out of 7.9). Wow. Video was at 4.0
Set a couple things due to the SSD (restore off, moved swap file, indexing off). Win7 x64 seemed pretty quick.

Installed PT8 from original cd(ran as administrator--EVERY 'setup.exe', PT and ensuing plugins was 'run as administrator'). I did not have the ilok or 003+ connected. Rebooted.
Ran 8.03 update. Rebooted.
Installed x64 drivers. Message saying I had to first uninstall the 8.03 drivers (via add/remove programs) which I did, and rebooted.
Installed x64 drivers again (successfully). Note that I was never prompted to plug in my hardware, although it did prompt somewhere to make sure it was NOT plugged in. Rebooted.
Plugged in ilok and started PT (after setting shortcut to run as admin). Prompted me to plug in hardware, which I did for the first time. Drivers loaded fine. Recognized rack unit as 003 (not 003+), but no biggie.
Took PT a couple minutes to load all the plugs--seemed to go very slow considering the hardware. Poked around, then exited.
Ran the MPTK2 installer and all the extra plugin installers (Factory bundle, etc).
Installed Sonnox Oxford Reverb. Got stuck here (same thing happened with PT8 install on XP) as the installer isn't smart enough to see that ilok ver 8.5.12 (or whatever) is newer that 8.5.5. Had to then uninstall ilok, reboot, reinstall plug, which installs older driver, reboot, continue Oxford Reverb install, then manually run the latest ilok driver installer.
Re-started PT and it still took a while to load.
Loaded a recent simple session (4 or 5 tracks, aux for Reverb, master fader) and rtas cpu was in the RED. Started removing plugs and like I posted earlier Oxford Reverb was the main one (between 60-70%). With that removed I could play the track. There was no static or distortion. But alas, as I have no main reason to push x64 (I have 6 gigs of ram), and I don't want to be without Oxford Reverb, for now I'll head back to the XP world.
there is an issue with another sonnox plug i know of. cant remember if it is inflator or the limiter. i dont have them, but i do remember hearing it from an hd guy. he was supposed to contact them about it. there was a settting on it he could turn off to get it to work though.

while installing plugins and testing and such, it is a good thing to trash your prefs and databases between each set of tests/installs. if something in there gets corrupted it could throw off all your testing, so good to trash.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10