How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2015, 11:44 AM

Default AAE error -6101

Hey guys,

PT12HD is giving me this error quite a bit as of late. Even on sessions with very few tracks (1 or 2), and with a few plugins instantiated. There is no CPU spike that I can see, even when monitoring the resource usage meter, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Audio is being played off an internal SSD on a Macbook Pro. PT10HD never gave me these, and I don't recall seeing them in 11HD either.

Any ideas on what to check? Is it a plugin thing? I've tried my best to keep everything I use on this rig as up to date as possible.

Macbook Pro late 2012 2.3G Quad i7, Apollo Twin, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB for audio

I'm going to try to wipe the SSD and copy all files back over to it again.

Thanks,
Sig
Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Aae -6101

Which version of OSX are you running?
Have you done all of the recommended optimizations for PT 12 on Mac?

System Optimization Guides

AAE -6101 has been an issue with systems with integrated video cards. Not much you can do on a Mac Book, so I would make sure you go through your system settings and make sure things like App Nap are off, power settings are set to recommended settings.....

Also, how much memory does your system have? An integrated video card uses system memory.

System Details
Old 10-28-2015, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Aae -6101

Latest version of Yosemite and the max 16GB of RAM allowed on this laptop. I'll read through that list and see what I can do...

Also, I don't have a Eucon folder, so there is no such thing as App Nap?

Last edited by Siegfried Meier; 10-28-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:16 PM

Default Re: AAE error -6101

Tried all of your suggestions, and still no change. Getting them more than ever now it seems...

PS - can't use WIFI with PT12HD anymore??? How is it that we're going backwards with this stuff now? None of these problems exist with Mountain Lion and PT10HD, what the hell. Time to call it quits with any computer/software upgrades of any kind anymore if this is the way it's going to be.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:09 AM

How is your system set up?
Are you using the screen on the laptop or do you have external monitors connected? If using external monitors, disconnect them and try just using the native screen to see if it helps.

Are all your drivers and software up to date? If not, download and install the latest drivers/software for your UA interface.

Latest version of PT?

If everything is up to date, you may need too contact customer support. They can dig a bit deeper and will be able to help you out.

System Details
Old 10-29-2015, 04:07 AM

Didn't see a software that moan about everything more than PT...

Did they test a PT with a standard computer like
MacBook or iMac anyway, they must know what a hardware is inside of this standard products (problem with integrated video cards) and always the system optimisation, bad programmed code is the reason for all this AAE-s
not the hardware,i worked with Propellerheads Reason and i never experienced any of the errors, never, they are stable like anvil and can do triple more tracks and plugins with same hardware...
Sorry, i'm unable to help you..
Sorry
Sorry
Old 10-29-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam68 View Post
Didn't see a software that moan about everything more than PT...

Did they test a PT with a standard computer like
MacBook or iMac anyway, they must know what a hardware is inside of this standard products (problem with integrated video cards) and always the system optimisation, bad programmed code is the reason for all this AAE-s
not the hardware,i worked with Propellerheads Reason and i never experienced any of the errors, never, they are stable like anvil and can do triple more tracks and plugins with same hardware...
Sorry, i'm unable to help you..
Sorry
Sorry
You can find a list of computers that Avid has qualified for use with PT here:
PT 12 System Requirements

And yes, there are both Mac Book and iMacs in there ;-)

System Details
Old 10-29-2015, 09:50 AM

Yes, latest version of pretty much everything...I use the built in screen on the Macbook Pro.

Have not been particularly happy with Yosemite since updating to it. It's not a good OS, at all. Everything that's being released right now feels like a step backwards. I'm quite sure that in the last 15 years of using OSX, it's never been so unstable. Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard were king, everything now is a joke and feels like a toy.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:12 AM

here is a snippet of what Avid used to test an issue i have .. thought you guys might like to see what they are using to test at Avid ..

It was tested on 2 different systems. The first was with a Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt system running PTHD 12.2.1 and also PT 10.3.10 on Mac OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion going line into the Eleven Rack. One thing...the H/W insert delay value was adjusted via trial-and-error until the correct value was found but afterwards the result and click track being recorded back in was repeatable.The other system it was tested with was a simple Mac Mini using a Mbox Pro 3G on Mac OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-29-2015, 11:08 AM

HAH, according to that list, my MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 is not supported...???? Wow...we have to buy a new laptop every year now, according to Apple and AVID. Spend more time upgrading and updating than making music.

I'm gonna keep buying old G5's and older Mac Pros then, run HD rigs with PT9HD and 10HD on them. At least the work gets done. What a joke.