Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2018, 12:05 AM

Default AVB volume control in direct out mode

I was playing with the S3 audio I/O settings, and have 2 questions about this.

1. is it possible to control AVB volume to the Main output? turning the rotary encoder under AVB1-2 OLED doesn't change the level of the signal from my daw. ( I understand I can control this from the software with the MAIN fader. Just wondering if this can be controlled from the hardware mixer)

2. In the manual it says:

"Zero-Latency Monitoring While recording through S3, use Direct Out mode to route S3 input(s) to your main monitor outputs. In Pro Tools, mute the track you are recording to. Use the S3 encoder for Direct Out Level as a mix knob to balance input level with your main mix. This is similar to the Mix Knob on Mbox and other similar audio interfaces."

but actually, when Shift pressing the desired input, the rotary encoder controls input gain (as it does when not Shift pressed), and not only the amount of signal sent to Direct Out. So raising this level also raises the total signal (also that sent sent to the DAW), potentially resulting in clipping.