Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2017, 02:50 PM

Default ISO of place to order Pro Tools HD|8 Install Media

Howdy,

I have read many articles in this forum that give links to purchase Pro Tools HD|8 install media. Unfortunately, a lot of time has gone passed and those links do not work. I've searched Avid's site, and I have not been successful in finding anywhere to request or purchase install media. Does anyone know of where I can purchase Pro Tools HD|8 discs for version 8.0.0?

We have taken over a studio that has a Pro Tools HD1 system (HDCore PCI card, Digital 192 I/0, 192 I/0, and a Control 24). We need to go with Pro Tools HD|8.0.0 because our computer is an Apple Mac Pro G5 2.5 DP with MacOS (OS X) 10.5.8. We are capped at how far we can go with Pro Tools and MacOS versions. Pro Tools HD|8 is currently installed and we have the iLok with a valid license.

Our problem is that our system drive is 13 years old and is failing. Attempts to clone the drive have ended with read and write errors. I want to install new hard drives, do a clean install of OS X 10.5.8, and a clean install of Pro Tools HD|8.0.1cs2 and associated hardware drivers.

The previous manager of the studio suffered a heart attack in April and is currently in longterm convalescence (i.e. nursing facility) and has not regained full consciousness. So, he can't tell us if he has the install discs or has an Avid account. His wife has no idea where he would have put the discs if they weren't in the studio, and they are not in the studio (We have torn it apart looking for software discs and manuals).

I found an Excel file on the computer that gives data to suggest that the previous studio manager register Pro Tools HD|8 in his name. Though, it would be nice to look at the license on the iLok.

Sorry about such a long story. It would end a lot of frustration if I can find a resource, web address, or phone number to order install media from.

Best,

Cyprian Alexzander
Old 11-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Default Re: ISO of place to order Pro Tools HD|8 Install Media

The Google search is weak with you padawan.

http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43413

---

And yes you really want to actually check what is on the iLok. Do that ASAP. Do it on any computer with the current ILM installed and you want to work out who owns the iLok account and make sure that is cleaned up. If you are going to keep using it get ZDT instance sorted out etc. You also want to understand what optional software/plugins is licensed and what versions. If you are doing this up to start over and need to keep TDM-DSP compatibility then I'd weigh out all options including moving to Pro Tools 10 HD. Or Pro Tools 12 standard (and give up on any Digilink interfaces). I'd think though options and not use stuff just because it's there. buying new boot drives and spending time installing stuff on museumware may just not be worth it.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:11 PM

Hi and Welcome to the Community,

Going past PT10HD would make the cards dead aswell as the control24 so 90% of the studio would be unoperative.

You can use the 192's with a new Native Card or HDX card or other third party cards and interfaces so it is up to you how much of the gear you have now you wanna keep using. If you stay at HD10 you can use all the gear you listed. Going past you can only use the interface boxes, no card and no Control24.

Best to stay at HD10 which is included in the PT12 HD perpetual license.

If you decided to upgrade to HD12 You get HD10/HD11/HD12 in that bundle.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Oops I missed the Control 24, yes that kinda kills the 12 option...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk