Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2014, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Avid delisted on NASDAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Just for comparison, Apple has a market cap of 469 billion, and their cash reserve is 160 billion.

Avid has a market cap of 272 million, with 48 million in cash.

Doesn't sound totally bad.

48 Million doesn't sound bad till you look at the apple amount and realize that says Billion with a B
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
48 Million doesn't sound bad till you look at the apple amount and realize that says Billion with a B
Yes but you know that it's neither their software division nor their interfaces (they have none) nor their controllers (they have none) that gave them that big B.. but their cells phones. If we were just to look at the % ratio of the cash reserve vs the revenue (market cap) you'll notice that Apple might have a bigger % of cash reserve than Avid, but we would actually have to go down in the numbers to see exactly which are simply for their audio softare/interface (which they don't have)/ controller (which they don't have) vs avid to have a real comparison.

Let's compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges shall we? If it weren't for their cell phones and ipads, Apple wouldn't be this big today anyways.

Wave-T.com
Old 03-02-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
Your so angry. Relax. Right some music👍
I have to admit; thanks to your pic and username, I usually remember your posts. Yes, your use of the English language makes it difficult at times, but I always get your point. I have to admit that you do much better at English than I could do in your language!! :)

I'm American born, as is my wife, but our grandparents came here as immigrants; mine from Italy and hers from Ireland. So I understand your sentiments. There is a lot of self loathing here in America, especially from those born here it seems. Many---especially younger folk--- truly don't see the sense of "opportunity" that many immigrants see.

I am enlightened and entertained by your posts, and even inspired at times. You strike me as a positive individual, one who is both enthusiastic and passionate with regards to your chosen path(s).

Nice to meet you!!

Tim
Old 03-02-2014, 04:00 PM

Default Avid delisted on NASDAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyJohn View Post
I have to admit; thanks to your pic and username, I usually remember your posts. Yes, your use of the English language makes it difficult at times, but I always get your point. I have to admit that you do much better at English than I could do in your language!! :)

I'm American born, as is my wife, but our grandparents came here as immigrants; mine from Italy and hers from Ireland. So I understand your sentiments. There is a lot of self loathing here in America, especially from those born here it seems. Many---especially younger folk--- truly don't see the sense of "opportunity" that many immigrants see.

I am enlightened and entertained by your posts, and even inspired at times. You strike me as a positive individual, one who is both enthusiastic and passionate with regards to your chosen path(s).

Nice to meet you!!

Tim

Nice to meet you too Tim. I appreciate that.
I have been on my own since birth. I have no foundation except the one I built for myself. You say your going to be there at 9:00, I expect you too be there at 9:00. If it doesn't work? Move on. Life is too short. We could go back..........

Again. Thank you Tim for the kind words.

P.S. I'm just a small fry too☺️
📀
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-02-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that. I was comparing the ratio of cash on hand to what the company is worth. Apple's cash on hand is about 1/5th of what the company is worth. Avid's is about 1/3rd. It's just the idea that Avid is in a position to buy back 1/3rd of their stock if they chose to do so.

Nothing scientific. Just a general observation.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:02 PM

All right. It seems I have caused some riffs. Let's all wait an see.

📀

[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-02-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
All right. It seems I have caused some riffs. Let's all wait an see.

📀

Nothing makes a rock song better than a few good riffs !!!!

Old 03-02-2014, 04:04 PM

Default Avid delisted on NASDAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyr123 View Post
nothing makes a rock song better than a few good riffs !!!!

😝😝😝😝
See I have humor👍🎶

[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-02-2014, 04:05 PM

Hahah enough laughs for now - back to straightening up this midi high hat that never seems to record in time with the song

Old 03-02-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Hahah enough laughs for now - back to straightening up this midi high hat that never seems to record in time with the song

Yup. Ok. Where were we? Did you check the ...........

😁

[email protected]

Live and Let Live