Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 04-12-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Control 24 set up

Hi guys,

Feeling quite foolish at the moment. I just gat a C-24 that I bought from a guy in Texas and of course I don't have the manual and havn't gotten the transfer of ownershp papers yet. When I start the C-24 it comes up offline when I go to the ethernet connections in Protools in the setup menu and select enable, it pops up "DigiNet32.dll could not open service". Then another pop up says " The ethernet driver could not be found. If you wish to use an ethernet controller, please place the ethernt driver files into the controllers folder and install the network driver".
To make matters even more complicated, When I start Protools it tells me that the OMS will not function error -1 From what I understand there never was an OMS on the PC side and that that has been discontinued on the Mac side. Help I can't seem to get anything going. I've reloaded 6.1.1 after using 6.7cs9 and still the same. I have and ASSUS P4c 800-E deluxe with a gig of Corsair RAM and an 80 Gig WD sys drive and two 200 Gig WD file drives the VGA card is a Matrox Parhelia and I'm using the onboard ethernet connection.

HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

Thanks

N-G-NEER
Old 04-12-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Control 24 set up

Are you connecting through an ethernet hub or just straight. If you are connecting straight to the unit you need a crossover cable to the C24. If you are connecting through a hub or switch then you need a non crossover cable. That is the only thing I can think of.

Mike
Old 04-12-2005, 04:12 PM

As audiogeek1 said, you need to connect your C24 to your computer directly via a crossover ethernet cable, or plug both devices into a network switch/hub. You then need to load the right protocol on your computer so that it can talk to the C24
Here comes the fun part;
Right click on My network places and select properties which will open up your available network connections. Right click on the connection that's connected to your C24 or network switch/hub and select properties again.
In the center of the window click on install. In the select network component window highlight protocol and click on add. IN the next window click on have disk, and in the install from disk window browse to Crogram files>Common files>Digidesign>DAE>Controllers and highlight Diginet....click ok...ok....ok. This will install Digidesign ethernet support. Reboot, fire up PT, and the next time you try to add your C24 your p.c. should find it. Hope this is of some help.
Tommy
Old 04-14-2005, 11:20 AM

anyone know how to set up monitors from the back of the control 24 and 888's mix plus....

JD
Old 11-11-2005, 04:35 PM

Thanks TW. This info is exactly what I needed !
I had exactly the same problem and couldn't find this info in any manual (yet).

Cheers. Marc
Old 06-18-2009, 11:45 AM

Hello im new in the forum, and my english i no so well... so ecuseme for that..

my problem is with the console 24. appear offline. i was a hard disk with XP pro but only 80gb, so i changed for a new hhd with 300gb, install windows vista ultimated 32bits, i dont have any problem during installation of protools 8. i start the pt and th c24 appear offline, so i go to setup>peripherals>ethernet controllerst to start the service, but when i check the enable box sendme a error "DigeNet32.dll">Could not open the service, and after i click Ok appear other msg "An error ocurred while trying to establish Ethernet communication. Please Chek all ethernet connections.
i do that https://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm...&categoryid=34 >>>> but not works. I chek all my networsk connecion. reinstall the drivers and pt but nothing work.... plz i need help

Thanks....

Procesador Dual Core Intel E2160 1.8 Ghz
Memoria RAM: 4 Gigas
Mother Board: Intel 945 GCT-M
Video: Nvidioa Geo Force 7300 SE 256 MB
HARD DISK: SATA II - western digital Caviar 320 Gigas
Core HD (PCI) + Accel HD (PCI)
C-24
Old 06-18-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4vylon View Post
Hello im new in the forum, and my english i no so well... so ecuseme for that..

my problem is with the console 24. appear offline. i was a hard disk with XP pro but only 80gb, so i changed for a new hhd with 300gb, install windows vista ultimated 32bits, i dont have any problem during installation of protools 8. i start the pt and th c24 appear offline, so i go to setup>peripherals>ethernet controllerst to start the service, but when i check the enable box sendme a error "DigeNet32.dll">Could not open the service, and after i click Ok appear other msg "An error ocurred while trying to establish Ethernet communication. Please Chek all ethernet connections.
i do that https://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm...&categoryid=34 >>>> but not works. I chek all my networsk connecion. reinstall the drivers and pt but nothing work.... plz i need help
I think you should start your own thread on this issue as the OP was asking about the C24 and not the Control24. Back to the OP, with the C24, you may need a later version of Pro Tools to get the proper ethernet drivers. I suggest scouring the manual or emailing tech support to ask which versions of Pro Tools will work with the newer C24. You may also want to uninstall Pro Tools and start the install over again with the C24 attached to the computer. Watch the windows that appear during the install and see if there is a check box for installing controller drivers. Also, check thru the preferences tabs to see if your controller is available and enabled.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I think you should start your own thread on this issue as the OP was asking about the C24 and not the Control24. Back to the OP, with the C24, you may need a later version of Pro Tools to get the proper ethernet drivers. I suggest scouring the manual or emailing tech support to ask which versions of Pro Tools will work with the newer C24. You may also want to uninstall Pro Tools and start the install over again with the C24 attached to the computer. Watch the windows that appear during the install and see if there is a check box for installing controller drivers. Also, check thru the preferences tabs to see if your controller is available and enabled.
Actually the OP was referring to the Control 24... look at the date of the post. SB
Old 06-22-2009, 06:37 AM

Anybody have other solution....
Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 PM

BN4vylon

I'll jump in
since the original post is/was quite old

are you connecting to a hub? or directly to your PC? If your PC has multiple ethernet connections make sure that they are set-up on the computer (I'm now on a Mac and it's been 3 years + so I don't recall the exact protocols for this)

are you using the correct ethernet cable (not one left over from your modem?)

IF/when you go to peripherals, and select the port, if Control 24 is showing up (meaning the computer "sees" it)... the problem is a software problem and you need to find the correct/current software version

and it sounds like a software issue (the good news)... the bad news is you have to go find the correct firmware (I believe this to be true)