Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 AM

Default 11R as USB Audio Interface

I have an Eureka w/ AD192 hooked up to 11R through AES. Does anyone know if 11R does any other processing/conversion before it goes to PT?
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 11R as USB Audio Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Tele View Post

I dialed in a preset using headphones, it sounded pretty good. Then I recorded it into PT with the 11r via USB. I could hear a loss of quality...
Are you sure you have the similar levels or you don't have anything going in the pro tools Track. I've heard people having problems with the opposite of you describe. I Use Cubase and the sound of playback is identical..Just curious, did you listen back using headphones? Unfortunately, I think dialing presets using Headphones is the equivalent to mixing a song using headphones. It's generally never done except for minor corrections after doing everything using studio speakers.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
The "internal clock" would be the only other "processing". Of course you will be monitoring off of the 11r and therefore relying on it's D/A conversion.
I suppose the follow up questions would be, does the 11R have a good internal clock compared to a RME UC or Motu 828 Hybrid?

Thinking about getting a different interface...
Old 09-04-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
It's most likely the same clock used in current the Mbox series.

I had an RME Fireface 800 and one time I used it as a "master clock" for a Digidesign 002. It made a significant difference in that unit.

I do have a Profire 2626 which I use a Black Lion Audio Micro Clock 2 via "wordclock". And it makes a big difference in that unit.

Black Lion does not offer a mod for the 11r...?

For a beginner or garage band type user the 11r is sufficient as an interface.

You would get better quality recordings/mixes if you invested in a better interface.

I've considered the Apollo units from Universal and the Antelope Orion, but I think I'm gonna go with the Avid Omni HD and a HD Native card.

Here is a link you might find interesting.

http://apps.avid.com/mbox-challenge/

Best!
Happy to say I got it the first time BUT damn .. The Mbox 3rd gen sounds really nice compared to the other interfaces so well done Avid

Thanks for posting that BTW

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
You're welcome! It's a pretty cool shootout.

I didn't guess any of them correct. But afterwards I thought the Orpheus had the most detail, clarity, and imaging.
I guessed to be honest between the Apogee and Prism.. That was the two I was having a hard time differentiating between but in some weird dimension of guessing I got a congrats and bragg to your friends reply

In fact the Mbox do sound great seeing it is on a whole other price range and if you listen on good headphones or the studio monitors I think you would have guessed correct too. It is quite apparent when you listen a few times and all of a sudden the "soundscape" opens up like the Prism and the Apogee then you could hear the same between the other two after one more pass as the Mbox is a little more narrow sounding (not flat) but not as wide and full so again Thanks for that link,, hadn't seen it before and it was fun

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————