Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2015, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Please Support these 4 Small Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepop View Post
Custom Organize plugins menu into folders & sub-folders
http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...rs/220528-3779
This ..., + i'd also like to have folders in the clips list
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 12-18-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Why stop with 20, how about 50? why not 100? 20 is sooooo limiting......{Enter Sarcasm here}
Seriously! It's crazy!

The way I approach a mix, I try to figure how to achieve the sound I want using LESS plugins. This guy wants to use 20. I hate to knock someone else's feature request, but damn! To each his own I suppose!

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 12-18-2015, 08:28 AM

Yeah my post was designed to exponentially expose the lack of need for this desire
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Please Support these 3 Small Feature Requests

Yeah, I was adding onto your point!

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 12-18-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire View Post
Yeah, I was adding onto your point!
Ok cool just checking...
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:24 AM

Something I would love is a rack insert for AAX plugs that would include all automation and show what plug-ins were used when holding the mouse over it.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:32 AM

20 sends would be cool, I like to add a tiny bit of every thing to the soup mix.
More spice = more flavour
more flavour = soup taste better.
tell me whats your flavour
craig David
Old 12-18-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
People....
People...! Why woudn't you want the "option" to 20 Inserts? or 20 Sends? (the option)

You don't need to use them if you don't want to, but the "option" should be there. What's the harm? Give people the option.

I mean, really, we don't need to act like fan-boys here, Avid isn't always right.
If the OP would explain how 20 inserts is typically required for his/her workflow, then maybe I'd be receptive to voting for it. Having 20 inserts just for the sake of having them isn't a very convincing argument, IMO. However, I am open to hearing a good case for it. I mean, if everyone voted willy-nilly for every idea posted at Ideascale, then voting would become a meaningless task.

Quote:
I just feel that since I paid $600 for the uppgrade plan, I should at least have the "option" to do more.

What's the harm in it? Why not have more options?

The harm is having a product that ends up looking like this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The_Homer.jpg (93.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-19-2015, 11:51 PM

Allow me me to play my favorite game: Devil’s Advocate.

I read the OP post and immediately thought “Yeah, that’s not really necessary.” However, whenever I find myself in a situation in which my first reaction is negative, I try to force myself to spend some time searching for a positive angle. I do this for my own benefit, lest I become the “get off my lawn” caricature.

The OP didn’t exactly help his case by making a suggestion without illustrating its benefits in a tangible way. Without any workflow benefits, the potentially negative aspects of such a change would trump (lower case) any “Options = good” argument.

So, might there be a scenario in which having more than 10 insert slots could be beneficial? I believe there are a few workflow aspect that might indeed qualify as compelling arguments.

I like to assign sends to the same slots, across tracks. This is why I would welcome having 20 sends without reservations, nor hesitation.

What about inserts?

First, having 20 slots doesn’t have to mean that one would actually use 20 plug-ins (and/or hardware inserts.) It would, however, allow one to place specific plug-ins in consistent slot assignment—with empty, unused slots wherever a plug-in is not needed.

In a mixing scenario, this would allow me to change the nature of my sonic choices with broad strokes. For example, to switch between families of flavors, with just a few (Option- or Shift-Option-) clicks. Something like this:

Slot A - API Filters
Slot B - Avid Filters

Slot F - API Compression
Slot G - SSL Compression
Slot H - FabFilter Compression

Slot K - Avid EQ
Slot L - …

Etc.

Personally, I would welcome having added elbow room for just such workflows. That, and the fact that [now] options are better than no options.

PS: Actually using 20 plug-ins on a track is insane. So get off my lawn, please.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 12-20-2015, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
Allow me me to play my favorite game: Devil’s Advocate.

I read the OP post and immediately thought “Yeah, that’s not really necessary.” However, whenever I find myself in a situation in which my first reaction is negative, I try to force myself to spend some time searching for a positive angle. I do this for my own benefit, lest I become the “get off my lawn” caricature.

The OP didn’t exactly help his case by making a suggestion without illustrating its benefits in a tangible way. Without any workflow benefits, the potentially negative aspects of such a change would trump (lower case) any “Options = good” argument.

So, might there be a scenario in which having more than 10 insert slots could be beneficial? I believe there are a few workflow aspect that might indeed qualify as compelling arguments.

I like to assign sends to the same slots, across tracks. This is why I would welcome having 20 sends without reservations, nor hesitation.

What about inserts?

First, having 20 slots doesn’t have to mean that one would actually use 20 plug-ins (and/or hardware inserts.) It would, however, allow one to place specific plug-ins in consistent slot assignment—with empty, unused slots wherever a plug-in is not needed.

In a mixing scenario, this would allow me to change the nature of my sonic choices with broad strokes. For example, to switch between families of flavors, with just a few (Option- or Shift-Option-) clicks. Something like this:

Slot A - API Filters
Slot B - Avid Filters

Slot F - API Compression
Slot G - SSL Compression
Slot H - FabFilter Compression

Slot K - Avid EQ
Slot L - …

Etc.

Personally, I would welcome having added elbow room for just such workflows. That, and the fact that [now] options are better than no options.

PS: Actually using 20 plug-ins on a track is insane. So get off my lawn, please.
I know that situation you speculate on has been talked about here before when this topic has come up before and it roundly got slagged then as it is now. One of the problems with this approach is you'd have to show all 20 slots all the time unless PT could be magically made to just show the ones in use.

The other thing is it doesn't make one think: do I really need to use this plugin? Having to go through a menu to select a plugin gives one pause to answer that question, especially if you have a hundred or more plugins to wade through.

QAPLA!