Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2004, 05:49 PM

Default audio record volume?

Ive been having a weird problem lately. I try to save my projects on my lacie d2 firewire drive and it used to work fine, then one day out of the blue it wouldnt let me save it said it had to be saved to an audio record volume. I couldnt figure it out then after awhile i decided to upgrade to 6.4 from 6.2.3 to see if that fixed it and it seemed to work and now 6.4 is doing it as well so i have to save my projects to the desktop and i dont like it. Anyone know anything about this? thanks
Old 10-11-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: audio record volume?

This can happen for different reasons. MAINLY for the # 1 reason I put,, but also check the other reasons if that doesn't work.. These are in order of what it most likely is:

1) Check hard drives in the workspace and make sure the ( A ) column is set to ( R ) and not ( T )
2) Trash volume.dbb file on all hard drives.
3) Trash Pro Tools preferences. USERS/username/library/preferences/Pro Tools preferences

OR

Check to make sure you don't keep accidentally changing the date and time inside your computer.. Make sure the date and time is set to the CORRECT date and time, and on NORMAL time, NOT military time -- And never change it to be "incorrect" time on purpose..