Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2009, 04:26 PM

Angry All The Hype - I'm Paying for it Now...

I recently paid for the $150.00 upgrade to PTLE 8. I've been running LE 7.x ever since I bought my DIGI002 Rack a few years ago. Everything runs great. I can load up my FX (mostly digirack and Waves), VI's, no problem. I've been recording on this system without a hiccup since I bought it.

But... thanks to the persuasive nature (and flashy demonstration) of a certain sales rep at a well know and reputable music shop (G----r Center), I was convinced to go ahead and upgrade to 8.0. Grab some extra tracks, new GUI, latest and greatest, right? WRONG!

I read up on the upgrade first, obviously. Uninstalled everything. Installed the upgrade... great... perfect. And then, on the first launch, I find that my CPU usage is pegged at 100% PERMANENTLY! It's un-be-f&$*ing-lievable! I mean, I'm an IT professional. I've been working on computers my whole life! I've NEVER seen an application do this before. And that's just the APPLICATION. It doesn't matter how I start it up... DIGI002 connected, or not... no plug-ins... NO CHANGE! As soon as I launch the application, it pegs the processor with the "SYSTEM" (not to be confused with "System Idle") process.

I've read some other forum posts and checked out the possibility of IRQ conflicts, faulty drivers, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! It's RIDICULOUS! Maybe theres something I'm not understanding. Maybe this is how its SUPPOSED to work, right? Not.

When I try and do ANYTHING else on the computer, its like a SLUG!

When I CLOSE Pro Tools down, IT'S STILL STUCK!

Power down the DIGI002? Same story.

End every process in Task Manager that I possibly can... SAME PROBLEM!

I have to RESTART the machine all together.

I can't explain it. I've tried everything I can possibly think of to resolve this problem. I've included a PC Wizard System Summary below...

Please help... if you can...

PC Wizard 2008 Version 1.871
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owner:
Organisation:
User:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
Report Date: Wednesday 18 March 2009 at 18:08
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<< System Summary >>>
> Mainboard : Asus A8N-SLI SE
> Chipset : nVidia nForce4
> Processor : AMD Athlon 64 3800+ @ 2400 MHz
> Physical Memory : 3072 MB (3 x 1024 DDR-SDRAM )
> Video Card : RADEON X850 Series
> Hard Disk : HPT (2000 GB)
> Hard Disk : ST350083 (500 GB)
> Hard Disk : WDC (120 GB)
> Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)
> DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615
> DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H
> Monitor Type : X223W - 22 inches
> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
> DirectX : Version 9.0c (October 2008)