Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-1998, 03:56 AM

Default Sounddesigner for CD burning?

I'd like to record the sound of a Live Video into my ProTools Project and burn a CD of it. How can I divide this one big file into several tracks, without splitting it up in different files. I guess those are the indeces I have to add.

Would SoundDesigner II be the right program to do this job or is it something else? Adaptec Jam doesn't work.

Thanks,

Thomas
Old 04-06-1998, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Sounddesigner for CD burning?

This is how I have burned hundreds of discs.... I even prefer to write in SDll cause you dont get fragmentation and you dont need extra bounces (saves times)... use your number markers in SDll, and then you will be able to access them in Masterlist CD... good luck
Old 04-13-1998, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Sounddesigner for CD burning?

Altenatively, if like me you dont have(or need) SDII then name the stereo tracks "NAME.L and NAME.R" and seperate the tracks into the required regions in Pro Tools removing any unwanted material between tracks. Then name the edited regions (Both L & R) 1,2,3.... in the required order, Select all required audio, then from the Audio menu choose Export region definitions and click export.

As long as both sides of the stereo file are in the same folder MLCD will recognise that it is stereo by the .L , .R suffix then when you import the audio, click the Region definitions button, and you will see a list of the regions you exported from pro tools. Job Dome ! and you dont need to buy anything ! (Just send me the money instead !)

\,
:)
/'

Joules