Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2019, 09:39 AM

Default Dante issues with PT's

I've got a HDX rig that I use for mixing. To track drums I switch playback engines and use a Dante equipped Presonus RLM 16. I've learned that this always goes smoother if I reboot the Mac and shut down my HD I/O completely and turn off Wi-Fi. Then I switch the playback engine over to the Dante, restart PT's and am able to track drums as expected. When I'm done I do the same procedure in reverse, rebooting to switch back, turning back on Wi-Fi.

So here are the issues:

1. When I quit PT's using the Preonus/Dante it crashes every time. Never happens when using HDX by the way.

2. I use a Raven monitor. When I go back to HDX probably half of the time the HUI settings in Peripheral Settings will get lost and I have to reset them manually.

I've trashed prefs and this didn't help. Happens across multiple sessions. I'm using the same plugins I use daily with no issue on HDX.