Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 03-31-2020, 01:53 PM

Default Pro Tools First - Elastic Audio Error Message

Hi Everyone, I edited a bass line for one of my songs in Pro Tools First, and received this message when logging back in:

"The Track 'Bass' is unable to perform Elastic Audio because an audio file on the playlist is unsupported for Elastic Audio as it is read only. This track will be made inactive. The error must be corrected before the track can be made active again".

Now the bass track won't play and I can't bounce it out of the Pro Tools session. I've seen forums that say go to Audio files and unclick read only, however I don't see where the audio files are or the option to unclick read only. If anyone has any experience with this issue and knows how to fix it in the limited Pro Tools First version, I'd really appreciate any insight or suggestions you can offer.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 04-01-2020, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First - Elastic Audio Error Message

I’m not familiar with this problem, but it sounds like the information you found is talking about changing the file permissions in the OS and not in Pro Tools.

See this KB article for the location of cloud collab files.

Close PTF and go to the file location. Once you find the file, you will modify the file permissions so that you can both read and write the file.

Then start PTF and see if it lets you use the file.

System Details