Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 01-24-2021, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Problem with Folder Tracks: Plays out of sync after Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
ha ha ha, Sorry :)

I m on 2020.12 and I had some issues some days ago.

but thanx for the info. i change my profile.

so, is this 100% fixed?

than I will verify whats up with me special problem.
I don't know if it's fixed.
Read my post from ten days ago.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:50 PM

Not been fixed yet. Delay compensation problems all over the place in 2020.12 still. I'm sorry.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:11 AM

XJensen, thanx, ok, so I am right and not the only one.

Ben Jenssen, yes I read your post. Thats the reason why I wrote.

And I know that this is a forum and not a support center. I am here since the 90s :)

but I think its good to remember the most important things that are going wrong with avid.

thanx

Frank
Old 01-25-2021, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
Not been fixed yet. Delay compensation problems all over the place in 2020.12 still. I'm sorry.
Yes sorry to chime in with bad news, however it is a mess and the whole Track folder thing feels undercooked.

Our main issue is that when adding tracks and or moving the tracks in or out of folders makes our Controller units loose track of what channel is where.

So if we have track 22-33 in a folder called drums for example and the tracks on the controllers up and we add a track to Drums folder all tracks layed out on the controllers move but not 1 fader to the right but jumbles up all 11-12 tracks in the folder so all of a sudden we aren’t editing track 22 but maybe track 31. When adding One track it should just follow the folder hierarky and move the track into the folder without screwing up the folder completely.

Sorry if badly explained but thats what I can do in terms of explanations. In short it looks like PT and the Controllers loose sync and contact with eachother and just guess what was made and runs with that LOL

And out of sync daily occurs with just a freeze and unfreeze action. Stopped using folder tracks all together in PTU and use them in Live10Suite for now.

TO EVERYONE with these issues Please add your VOICE here in this thread so we have somethin to Forward to AVIDTECH otherwise they ”might” not see this as a critical issue and put it in a long que of other non ”critical” errors so we have to wait another 20 years to get a fix.

Appologise for the negative wordings here but we have been trying with both ICON and Ableton aswell as Avid to get an answer regarding the CONTROLLER Issues of moving and screwing up the channel and fader orders inside the folders so we can’t use the ICON controllers for anything other than as a big transport surface and no faders or mixing with them. Yes we do 85-90% of mixing with our SSL4056G+ console but we write and produce with the ICONS and cant risk causing havoc on a mix by moving the wrong faders after we make a change in a track folder. Ableton issued a fix within a week and that was a year ago

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-22-2022, 10:56 AM

Just bumping this thread.
Has there been any changes to the the issue with freezing track while having a Negative Track Delay in session ?
I'm still experiencing issues on version 2022.4.0
Old 05-22-2022, 02:01 PM

Yes, confirmed case, confirmed bug, we're now over 2 years later and they have done 0.0 about it. Pro Tools is still plagued by various delay compensation issues and AVID just doesn't seem to care or they are plain incompetent to solve it. I wonder when, if ever, they will get this mess fundamentally fixed.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:30 PM

My best advice: Instead of Track Freeze, use Track Commit(you can always revisit the original tracks should the need arise). Track Freeze has not been 100% trustworthy for me, or for most people I know Track Commit has never let me down

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-22-2022, 03:32 PM

Thanks for quick response guys.
Very frustrating.

Just to confirm the nature of the bug: if you have a negative track offset on any tracks in a session, committed or frozen nested folder tracks will play out of sync ?
Old 03-06-2024, 02:52 PM

So did Avid fix this bug? Because I've been having a similar bug. It was a little while ago, but it occurred when I froze a RF with a ton of tracks and some auxes inside it. I loosely figured what was off, so I put Time Adjuster on it to try to align the frozen track. When I unfroze, I took Time Adjuster off of it, and it was NOT aligned again. So there has been some sort of hose up in there that I don't think I'm at fault for.