Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 PM

Default my virtual instruments wont work

After installing protools 10 from a download I downloaded the virtual instruments . They won't work. Help
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 PM

Default Re: my virtual instruments wont work

We cannot guess what you are doing.

How experienced with Pro Tools are you? Do you know how to use VIs? Are you followed any documentation on how to use them? -- at what point to things diverge from what you expect/what is documented? Do all other things in Pro Tools work OK - basic audio recording/playback? MIDI recording/playback? Where do you have the VI plugin inserted? Describe exactly what are you doing.

Read this Help Us Help You and follow the suggestions there and also try to provide as much of the information asked for there.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Protools 10 works. I've played the demo. After installing the virtual instruments I followed the guide to make a beat with expand 2. Every thing loaded fine but I get no sound
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battledog View Post
Protools 10 works. I've played the demo. After installing the virtual instruments I followed the guide to make a beat with expand 2. Every thing loaded fine but I get no sound
I was after a lot more detail. You will tend to get ignored on DUC if you ask for help and don't provide a useful level of information.

Are you familiar with (other) VIs in Pro Tools?

Does your system seem to record and playback audio tracks properly? (i.e. checking if basic playback/monitoring works).

Where is the VI inserted (insert, send?) on what type of track? (instrument, midi, audio)?

Do you see meters moving or just don't hear anything?

Lets do the simplest test: Try creating a new mono instrument track and inserting the mini-grand VI in an insert slot. Don't change anything in the VI. Can you hear (and/or see on the track meter?) notes play when you mouse click on the keyboard in the plugin?

What manual are you following as you try to use this?

Darryl