Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2012, 06:20 PM

Default Re: melodyne or autotune

Melodyne here as well. Not only can it be used to tune vocals(invisibly if the singer isn't bad); it can tune bass, guitar leads, fiddle, horns(yep, done all that here). With Melodyne Editor, I even tuned 4 part harmony sung on a single mic. Then I used it to convert an electric bass track to midi so I could use an upright sound(from my Motif) and, the latest little miracle; I used it on a mono electric piano track(live recording) to rip a midi file so I could use MiniGrand in stereo for the mix. Yessiree....is Melodyne for me

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 AM

but no ARA in pro tools- why not??
Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
doesnt appear to be supported for mac osx 10.7.4 and protools 10.2

says this on their website -
Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.8 on Intel Macs, 4 GB RAM or more

SO they have pretty much missed out on supporting for lion at all cause mountain lion is about to be released. Im thinking I may not bother with a company that cannot bother about me
Did you bother to check thoroughly?

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.ph...2525252525255C

I run Editor on 10.7.4 just fine.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
PT is not set up for it internally. The hope is that PT11 solves this issue, and I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't.

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:

SO they have pretty much missed out on supporting for lion at all cause mountain lion is about to be released. Im thinking I may not bother with a company that cannot bother about me
No... it says THIS on their website:

Quote:
Pro Tools
The current version of the singletrack family (i.e. Melodyne editor, assistant and essential) is tested and supported by us in the following constellations:

• Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.4 on Intel Macs
  • Windows XP SP3 and Win 7

Recommended Pro Tools version:
  • Pro Tools 9.0.5 or 10.x
  • Pro Tools HD 9.0.5 or 10.x (not tested yet with HDX)

If your personal Pro Tools configuration differs from what we have tested, we encourage you to test Melodyne editor for 30 days free of charge. If Melodyne performs well on your system during the test period, it will still do so after you purchased it.

READ READ READ.

Quote:

a) It's brand new... Pro Tools is 22 years old.

b) Probably the same reason why VSTs will never be used in Pro Tools.

Don't get hung up on minor details. Melodyne Editor works just fine as it is. Integration would be nice, but is not necessary. Try it out before you dismiss it for not having a feature that you've never even used, and only one DAW in the world actually has.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar486 View Post
PT is not set up for it internally. The hope is that PT11 solves this issue, and I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
a) It's brand new... Pro Tools is 22 years old.

b) Probably the same reason why VSTs will never be used in Pro Tools.

Don't get hung up on minor details. Melodyne Editor works just fine as it is. Integration would be nice, but is not necessary. Try it out before you dismiss it for not having a feature that you've never even used, and only one DAW in the world actually has.
The hint was already dropped by Celemony's slip that Celemony and Avid were teaming up. http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...hing-slip.html

Read the comments. Russ got unofficial confirmation.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Melodyne here as well. Not only can it be used to tune vocals(invisibly if the singer isn't bad); it can tune bass, guitar leads, fiddle, horns(yep, done all that here). With Melodyne Editor, I even tuned 4 part harmony sung on a single mic. Then I used it to convert an electric bass track to midi so I could use an upright sound(from my Motif) and, the latest little miracle; I used it on a mono electric piano track(live recording) to rip a midi file so I could use MiniGrand in stereo for the mix. Yessiree....is Melodyne for me
And, when you get one of those mp3 demoes where there's a decent vocal performance, but horrid piano/ac guitar, it's nice to be able to pull down everything but the vocal melody, and start building the arrangement around it.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:

OSX 10.7.4 / PT10.2 / Melodyne Editor here - works fine!
Old 06-23-2012, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Isn't that like...cheating!???!!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:06 PM

Melodyne is amazing. If you want the typical fake auto-tune sound, Melodyne can do that for you if you click on the 'correct pitch' button and set the two sliders to 100%. Otherwise, you can set the sliders lower or take your time working on individual notes to achieve a natural sound. If you do it right, it can sound like a perfect vocal performance.

I recently recorded a vocalist who was all over the place, hitting notes sharp and flat and wavering in pitch - a couple of hours editing notes one-by-one with Melodyne Editor and she was sounding flawless. You can do much more than just fix pitch with Melodyne, but even if that's all you want to do, I am of the opinion that Melodyne is the best for this.