Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Transfuser Factory Tracks vs. Pro Tools' Big Audio Loops Content

filosofem, you are always right on the money!

Releasing a new AIR synth every six months or so could have also kept up a little momentum.

For Jazz and Pop Ballads I highly recommend Toontrack Superior Drummer. I've de-installed Strike long ago.

For smooth stuff I recommend searching loop libraries for construction kits.

Sweet dreams, AIR. Maybe someday you'll be back...

Rubicon

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 AM

I am grateful for Pro Tools Expert blog (once AIR Users), I have found some nice Structure sounds over there (you know, when you MUST have a toy piano!).

I keep hearing that AVID is struggling financially, and it makes you wonder ... could this be a symptom of that, or a cause?

Supporting your own VI would be a nice idea - and I second that, I love Superior Drummer. I loved EZ Drummer before it, and wow is Superior, um, Superior (more tweakable).
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19 AM

i am trying out Kontact Player this weekend as I to do not see any reason for continuing this Structure silliness ...

Velvet is still a great instrument ...

Strike is limited - going to try adding my own sounds to see if i can revitalize it ...

transfuser - like you sadi

Hybrid - still interesting

xPand2 - ok ..

Vacuum - cool

Boom - ok ..

just my opinion - i am very tired of troubleshooting / restarting and throwing things in the Trash for Plugins that cost Good Hard Earned Monies ...

cheers

john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Well, I guess I'll take a contrary opinion here to the prevailing theme. I recently upgraded to the PTIEP and, frankly, I love them all! I don't really get the beef with Structure. I find it to be an amazing instrument and easy to use. And, yes, those sample libraries from the Pro Tools Expert blog are amazing and fun to use. Plus, I've found dropping in my own samples and editing and looping to be a snap. The early vids from Phil Jackson, coupled with Russ's vids on the PT expert blog are VERY helpful to get you up to speed.

Transfuser is a blast and a half. Sure, you need to polish up sound you want to import. I've got several loops and sounds that come with the DVD attached to Computer Music Mag every month, and I've already tried dragging and dropping those in, and they worked swimmingly within Transfuser. Very usable stuff, and the permutations are endless.

Strike: well, I'm not a drummer, but so far, I've found it easy to use. I have lots and lots of midi loops and they play just fine on Strike. I can easily build a kit, or just choose one. I like the way it sounds a lot...it doesn't have that "drum machine" sound and feel, and does sound more natural to me.

Velvet is what it is. THe sounds are great!

Hybrid is one of my staple "go to" VI's. Easy to program, and so versatile. I use it on almost every track I do. I've had it almost since it came out.

Xpand: well its always been a bit limited...but its a freebie, so what do you expect. Still has a great many usable sounds and I go to it often, especially love the polysynths.

Boom: for that techno beat sound, Boom does great. Limited in some ways, but still quite usable. I've done entire tracks with it, and found it easy to use. I only wish I could assign each drum part to its own separate output so I could more easily convert to audio tracks, once I've got the drum parts laid out.

Vacuum - always fun to go back to the old days of analog. I miss the Arp 2600 and Moogs I first played with 30 years ago! Vacuum kinda brings some of that feel back!

So, all in all, I'm very pleased with the AIR group. Yeah, I know there's lots of other stuff out there, and there are many that are outstanding. But I don't see them as competitors, at least in a musical sense. What you want when you compose is the right instrument for the sound you want. For me, the AIR group is great. Coupled with my arsenal of VST VI's, which I normally play through Reaper on a PT instrument track, I have more sound creation power than I know what to do with. The only two things I want to add are Reason 6 and EW Quantum Leap Complete Composer Collection. Oh, and I still use my Yamaha Motif XS8 and all its libraries.

What more could a composer/songwriter/producer ask?

I'm a happy camper!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 AM

Since I got this all going - I'd like to agree with Donald. The reason I'd love more content for Transfuser is I love playing with it. It would just be nice if PT (or a third-party) provided more polished material for it. I'm just not a whiz at my own cleanup- and the initial material is SO useable right out of the gate.

I didn't find the Big Fish Audio stuff to drop in as cleanly - although it's sort of "pitched" for use in Transfuser.

Mini-Grand, DB33, Velvet, Boom, Hybrid - I love 'em all. I can't vouch for their authenticity or ease, since I haven't cmpared much against other samplers, etc. - but I hear LOTS of workable sounds in 'em.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:20 PM

FYI - just had a brief email exchange with Josh Sandeen over at numark/inMusic - which is the company now taking over the AIR VI from AVID as part of the great Avid sell-off.

Josh said they will likely review the DUC and other sources for info on what people would like to see, etc. re: the AIR VI.

I'm sure they need time to get up to speed, etc. on whatever state Avid left the VI before handing it off, but we may get some new content, features, updates, etc. (maybe even - gasp - AAX?)

So fingers-crossed, we'll keep our eyes peeled for developments from inMusic and the future of the AIR VI.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:02 PM

in the immortal words of charles lindbergh - Kontakt !!!!

so far so good, the cool thing is, if i create something in Logic and then open Kontakt in Pro Tools or Standalone you can use the same setups ... try that with Structure in PT, EXS in Logc, Whatever in Cubendo. the ability to use structure in Other programs could be an idea for the New AIR folks .. and let me say ...

Numark/InMusic people, Welcome. we have hoped for some light at the end of the tunnel ... this is uplifting to have new blood focusing on the AIR line ..

LEt us know how We can help YOu .... cheers

john

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 PM

I have heard talk to that Structure can pull in NKI files, but have had no success with this myself. Sometimes I look at some cool micro-library that is available for the full-featured Kontakt and think "man - I don't wanna pay $299 so I can play this $19 library".
Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 PM

Kontakt 5 on sale until july 7th for 199.50 full version

i paid 500.00 for Structure and Structure LE ... Structure LE is too limited ...

cheers

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 PM

Okay - maybe I need to make the switch to Kontakt - at that price.