Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2009, 02:47 AM

Default Re: C8 not recognised in PT8

is there a solution to put command 8 working with PT8 and xp? i tried every step you told and nothing...the sypmtoms are:Sometimes offline sometimes worked perfectly (suddenly!!?? without doing nothing special),now it communicates but only pan buttons work ... erratic comunication,the dispaly shows strange lights and the letters are like fadding ... in the end PT8 recognizes C8 but but only some buttons work ...strange is that in the biggining it started working with no problems ...i also updated to 02.01.02 ...but the updater could not retrieve the older version ! it seems like a protocol communication problem ... so in the end anyone knows anything about this symptoms

thank you

Windows XP SP3 Intel Pentium Duo 2.4 Mghz 3 Gb RAM apogee roseta 200,Pro tools HD 8
Old 01-18-2009, 04:47 AM

Since I've gone to PT8 I've had some configuring issues. I finally have it working but my config is as if it were AMS (Mac) and I'm using XP. My outs in MIDI Studio setup choices are Ports 1,2 and 3. My input port is Digi 002 port 1 and I'm not even connected to my 002 for MIDI. I used to have c/8 MIDI out 1 and 2. Not a choice now. Like I said it's working but it makes me nervous. Anyone notice something obvious here I'm missing?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Running Protools 8 on a PC laptop with vista and a digi 002
all is ok except the command 8

I select in midi controllers

type:Command 8
receive from: 4-Command8
send to: 4-Command8 emulé (in french emulated)
I have try to reinstall manytimes also the repair option still do not work
also midi out emulated
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 PM

PT's 8 & Mac, HUI Gets lost as well. It works for a few days the Gone. Seems HUI & PT's looses the receive half. i.e. HUI faders track but PT's cane finish the receiving end. My MIDI interface shows data moving both ways.

Command 8 was in my sight but if it also has this type if issue I may as well stays with no controller.

Lets please get Eucon or Digi Ethernet or firewire controller for the below C/24 Market.
USB/MIDI doesn't seem to be the answer.
Far too many USB-MIDI issues with Controller loss in Keyboards IMO.

(Although I have a C/24 in one room working fine I just don't want two.
Too big for my second space)
Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 AM

So the problem goes on... and on .... and on ... and on

Digidesign dont you have nothing to say about this !!!?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM

Hi,

i have also the Problem that i can't establish connection between Command 8 and Pro Tools 8 cs2.

I have a Windows PC, XP Prof german, SP3. Another Soundcard RME Digi 96/2 and a UAD 1 Card and i have Cubase and Wavelab installed.

In Pro Tools under Setup->Peripherals-> Midi Controler i can choose the type "Command 8" but under Receive and Send only DigiRack003 and not C8 Surface!

The driver for Command 8 are up and running (Windows Device Manager). At this moment i have only the idea to setup the computer complete new.

I tried different times the Repair install function and uninstall / install Pro Tools after changing also the bios setting for onboard functions.

The technical guy from digidesign told me that compatibility issues between digirack and RME can be the problem, but i don't think so.

Maybe someone has an idea what else i can try.

Thanks and best regards

Alexander
Old 03-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo Miguel Santos View Post
So the problem goes on... and on .... and on ... and on

Digidesign dont you have nothing to say about this !!!?
Can you please post a Sandra report as well as information about how you have everything connected and which specific steps you've tried, including those from the General Troubleshooting thread?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:56 PM

I installed PT 8 on a new WIN XP ( after format C: ) and it works!

Now i try to establish a DIGIDESIGN ASIO Driver connectivity with Cubase SE3 its the old program i used!

Cubase can't find the asio driver! :-(
Old 03-11-2009, 07:01 AM

I'm having problems too with my C|8 connected to a PPC G5 (Leopard 10.5.6 - PTLE 8cs2)
when I turn on C|8 it often doesn't make the usual startup routine, the faders do not move and the display act way irregular, almost not visible,
and obviously PTLE do not recognise it;
I try to shut off and turn on several times hoping it will wake normal state,
but not always this works;
I've read in this topic of this 'repair option' in the PT installer, which I cannot find anywhere into the Mac installer for PTLE 8;
can you please explain precisely how to do this operation?
thanks_
Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
I'm having problems too with my C|8 connected to a PPC G5 (Leopard 10.5.6 - PTLE 8cs2)
when I turn on C|8 it often doesn't make the usual startup routine, the faders do not move and the display act way irregular, almost not visible,
and obviously PTLE do not recognise it;
I try to shut off and turn on several times hoping it will wake normal state,
but not always this works;
I've read in this topic of this 'repair option' in the PT installer, which I cannot find anywhere into the Mac installer for PTLE 8;
can you please explain precisely how to do this operation?
thanks_
Yes I'm having the same problem on my Mac Pro. Why didn't digi say anything about this yet? Has anyone have their issues solved on their Macs?