Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2017, 11:11 PM

Default The Avid renewal "come on" then denial after I buy???

Hi All,

I received 9 emails in the past week to renew my vanilla Pro Tools 12 license from Avid.com and Bill Lackey.
http://uploads.im/LTZgv.png.

So I did renew, just before Christmas on the 22nd. My vanilla 12 license expires today, 12-29-2017.
http://uploads.im/cyDBN.png

Upon returning from the holidays today, with my System ID and Renewal Code in hand, I tried to register on my Avid.com account.
http://uploads.im/LD7aC.png

But now Avid.com wants my "renewal number"? I check my account and it is "on hold" because Avid won't accept my Eleven Rack serial number?

Without a "formerly free" $20 transfer of ownership form and five business days?

Historically: I was an Eleven plugin beta tester, and to this day over 20 of the presets I created are still in the shipping installer.

Why is it so hard, after all of the marketing emails and RED LINKS in my Avid Account telling me to renew now, I buy, then I cannot renew???

If I'm not registered by the 31st, then AVID will deny the current promotion of "Free Avid Plugins for Year offer", which will be my loss, of course.

I tried to file a support case, because I have a support plan, or I thought that's what it was?
(It's called the Upgrade and Support Plan but, I dunno or is it this System ID I have OR do I need to buy an ASC code or???)

My HD annual is due at the end of March and 12.8.3 might be the end of the line for me (been here since Sound Tools 1992)

I have two records to finish by January 7th. This RENEWAL hassle is last thing I need on my plate right now.

I paid my "Support Ransomeware Renewal Fee" to AVID.

I just want the code I was badgered to purchase to be accepted and to receive the current promotion that is being offered.

Is it really so much to ask as we look to start a new year?

Last edited by blackmacdaddy; 12-28-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:49 AM

Default Re: The Avid renewal "come on" then denial after I buy???

Sorry to hear this. I have escalated this to Avid. Hope they get it sorted quickly.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmacdaddy View Post
...I did renew, just before Christmas on the 22nd. My vanilla 12 license expires today, 12-29-2017...
Perpetual licenses (included with Upgrade Plans) don't expire. The Expiration Date field in your screenshot is blank. So you can continue running the verion(s) released during your Plan's term.
Quote:
...Upon returning from the holidays today, with my System ID and Renewal Code in hand, I tried to register on my Avid.com account. But now Avid.com wants my "renewal number"? I check my account and it is "on hold" because Avid won't accept my Eleven Rack serial number?...
Checked your account and that shows you redeemed a Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools 11 Crossgrade (that's why it's asking for a hardware serial number). These were discontinued in early 2016 so I'll start a support case for you to get more info.
Quote:
..I tried to file a support case, because I have a support plan, or I thought that's what it was? (It's called the Upgrade and Support Plan but, I dunno or is it this System ID I have OR do I need to buy an ASC code or???)...
If you have support you can sign into my.avid.com and click Access the Support Center (Portal) > Cases > New Case...
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 PM

Update: Jeffro's links and his assistance has resolved my re-updated registration for my Vanilla Pro Tools 12 license. Thank you Jeffro!

If you find yourself in a similar situation, his post above does explain how to get support on Avid.com

Now back to work! :)

Walt