Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-31-2017, 07:45 PM

Default Giant mess please help avid!

I'm having a crisis. i posted this as a reply to a thread but thought better and started a new one

it all started when i lost my ilok. i (recently)filed an RMA through ilok, which showed all my pt10 and 11 licenses and whatnot(yay) unfortunately my ZDT had expired.. anyway, tried to follow up through avid.com , and my account shows no products or subscriptions…?!?

i originally registered my mbox pro bundle and eleven rack bundle with an older email, which is not the email i use to login to avid..but it used to show my stuff when i had to download pro tools again.. now it shows nothing and won't let me follow through with trying to get my license replaced and the whole avid RMA process.
-btw, i just bought a new ilok2 from ebay, and was hoping to get replacement licenses added to it.. but its all a huge mess and i really can't afford 40 bones just to contact avid to sort it all out.. i have my original registration emails for my hardware and the serial numbers for the software and all that, but I'm really frustrated and don't know what can be done.

i do know I'm using older stuff, but honestly, i like my system just the way it is and don't wish to upgrade, I'm now just hoping there is a solution for me that is not costly..ive invested so much.. i do have an RMA#, i can provide my ilok login and pretty much anything else i think should matter… can someone help?
Old 12-31-2017, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Giant mess please help avid!

Hey,

The way these situations are dealt with are starting a RMA with Ilok and take it from there. Avid needs proof of course that the ilok key is gone and doesn't hand out new licenses without going thru the correct avenues.

Start here and get a rma going so ilok can do their thing,
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...en-iLok-Policy

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-01-2018, 09:28 AM

well heres what i did .

i filed the RMA through ilok, which went fine , the confirmation email showed all the licenses on my ilok, and instructed me to follow up with the listed vendors , avid and my pro tools bundle was listed. once i went to the avid site and logged on with the credentials I've always used to view my products, i was led to the page you just listed. clicked lost ilok, clicked pace ilok2, which is the type i lost, and the next screen i clicked "the ilok is lost" , the next screen gives me an error message stating "avid did not have any pro tools products activated on my account, please contact customer care". which stops me dead in my tracks from continuing the RMA from avids end. as i said , i did get it done through the ilok end , which did list the licenses on my lost ilok, but when i try to follow up with the vendor as ilok instructed, avid says they don't have anything for my account...
Old 01-01-2018, 09:57 AM

Did you do step #1 and verify the product is registered in your Avid account at all?

Possibly your iLok and Avid accounts were not linked together correctly. That causes lots of issues here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Yes that seems to be the problem .. it was an afterthought when I seen the "link ilok ID" , I had already processed the RMA through ilok , but I did link them , but now my ilok account doesn't show PT as a license , it only shows it on the RMA form sent to my email, so I'm not sure if that is hindering avid from linking with ilok and my purchased products , but avid says I have no products or subscriptions ... as I said originally ; I still have all the serial numbers and registration emails from Avid , and can supply them if needed, but for whatever reason , avid is basically saying "who are you ".. which is very frustrating
Old 01-01-2018, 10:27 AM

If your products are not showing up when you check for them in step #1 then yes that will cause a problem. Lots of people link accounts... but to the wrong account names or get messed up with Multiple Avid or iLok accounts. Could that be happening here? I suspect you might as well file a regular ASC with Avid Support and try to get help from them if you need this quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Is my only option then to pay the 39.95 fee to call their customer support? Ilok also stated in the email that they would be contacting the vendors to my licenses regardless to inform them , is there a possibility that I will be contacted by avid and the other vendors to proceed with the claim based upon the license holding information ilok has , and would that possibly be enough or is it going to come to a screeching hault because my avid account doesn't reflect my ownership of the software ilok had on file ? Thank you for your timely, kind and informational responses , I value your time and advice on this
Old 01-01-2018, 12:42 PM

If you need fast response then I'd buy an ASC... but it's also maybe a holiday for Avid today so academic. Otherwise you'll need to wait and see if folks pick up on that here. Meanwhile you should really carefully checking your accounts are linked, email addresses match what you think etc. there are many cases of those problems happening here.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:15 PM

I feel like you're reading my mind ..
in my emails from avid from when I first bought my equipment and software , the email is not the Same email I used to create an account with avid .. so that's kind of in the way ..
My avid login is my wife's email ; jor*****..
the registered email for my products when I bought them is hu****@live.com ...

the ilok account was pretty much what tied it together .. and my avid account under the jor***** used to show ,under downloads , all my PT stuff , now it doesn't ..
I was really hoping there was a way without paying the money for the ASC ..

I still have my "complimentary ASC" from when I bought the stuff that I never used , but pretty positive it just expired and won't help me now .

Any suggestions on an approach that will help me avoid spending more money ? Thanks again
Old 01-01-2018, 11:09 PM

Darryl gave you what you need and so did I in the lost ilok link. There is no under thetable way to get this sorted here. Its a user forum as we have no access to your accounts.

Avid and other vendors will not contact you unless you start a support case which yes, cost money ut better to pay that fee than to keep wasting time here asking the same questions.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————