Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 03-27-2015, 12:12 PM

Default Re: How many purchased PT 12 believing Cloud Collaboration was in it as advertised?

People don't read anymore, they watch Youtube.
The concept of the entire PT12 promo screams Cloud Collaboration!

https://youtu.be/WPqdNygQB38

It ends with:
"Create! Collaborate! Be heard! This is Pro Tools 12!"

It does not say:
"Create! Collaborate! Be heard! This may one day be Pro Tools 12!"

Maybe it should have had a disclaimer:
"Some features appearing in this promo may be fictitious. Any resemblance to real features is purely coincidental. This is not an actual representation of the product in its current state"
Old 03-27-2015, 12:26 PM

Default Re: How many purchased PT 12 believing Cloud Collaboration was in it as advertised?

Calm down its coming...
Old 03-27-2015, 12:59 PM

Shady, deceptive and misleading but not illegal.

Well done Avid. Congratulations
Old 03-27-2015, 01:54 PM

Well as a producer and mix engineer I don't think I will ever use the avid "cloud". Maybe for post it is good?

And the tracking of Metadata is something I've never worries about. The people who hire me are my friends I've worked with for over a decade at the labels. I've always got my proper credits. Even somethings that ended up as a remix years later I've gotten my credits.

But I only updated to protools 10 this week so.... I've been on 8 forever.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul007 View Post
People don't read anymore, they watch Youtube.
The concept of the entire PT12 promo screams Cloud Collaboration!

https://youtu.be/WPqdNygQB38

It ends with:
"Create! Collaborate! Be heard! This is Pro Tools 12!"

It does not say:
"Create! Collaborate! Be heard! This may one day be Pro Tools 12!"

Maybe it should have had a disclaimer:
"Some features appearing in this promo may be fictitious. Any resemblance to real features is purely coincidental. This is not an actual representation of the product in its current state"
That's the youtube ad I saw just before I pulled the trigger. Nobody can even suggest that does not give the impression it's all there now!

VERY misleading!

Chuck M
Old 03-28-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck M View Post
That's the youtube ad I saw just before I pulled the trigger. Nobody can even suggest that does not give the impression it's all there now!

VERY misleading!

Chuck M
Exactly.

The YouTube ad from Avid is in the first post and you posted it again.

Why don't people watch it before they say Avid never claimed PT 12 includes Cloud Collaboration.

The video is still up for everyone to see, but people keep saying it never happened. Instead, they quote the current Avid website (which has been changed).

In fact, I'll post it again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPqd...ature=youtu.be

Please stop saying Avid didn't falsely advertise it. Watch them do it instead.
A few of of my favorite toys: Retro Instruments 176 (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM 70, SPX90, Roland SDE 3000...
Old 03-28-2015, 09:06 AM

Funny how we went from "who needs Cloud Collaboration"? to "where's my Cloud Collaboration"?

What was the original window people were talking about from when they announced the product to releasing it? Was it the same quarter, or six months? What was the deadline? Time will tell--it's only been two months since January; I think this "enhanced IO" thing was actually earlier than anticipated. Again, I think calling it "12" was a mistake. If these features start to materialize, I'm happy with the updates being incremental. It saves them from having to dump a bunch of new stuff at once, and if they do it right, they can make sure that each thing is de-bugged before it's released.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashville View Post
Funny how we went from "who needs Cloud Collaboration"? to "where's my Cloud Collaboration"?

What was the original window people were talking about from when they announced the product to releasing it? Was it the same quarter, or six months? What was the deadline? Time will tell--it's only been two months since January; I think this "enhanced IO" thing was actually earlier than anticipated. Again, I think calling it "12" was a mistake. If these features start to materialize, I'm happy with the updates being incremental. It saves them from having to dump a bunch of new stuff at once, and if they do it right, they can make sure that each thing is de-bugged before it's released.
That is not the point of this thread. There are others to discuss that in.
This thread is about those whom purchased Pro Tools 12 or the Support Plan thinking Cloud Collaboration was included.

Can we please keep on topic?

Thanks.
A few of of my favorite toys: Retro Instruments 176 (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM 70, SPX90, Roland SDE 3000...
Old 03-28-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
That is not the point of this thread. There are others to discuss that in.
This thread is about those whom purchased Pro Tools 12 or the Support Plan thinking Cloud Collaboration was included.

Can we please keep on topic?

Thanks.
In other words, who purchased it in the first few hours after it came out before it was reported it didn't have it?? Everyone found out right away this or Freeze was not included yet. These days of social media and forums like this, it don't take but a couple hours for information to be public.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 6800k
Win 10
Old 03-28-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
In other words, who purchased it in the first few hours after it came out before it was reported it didn't have it?? Everyone found out right away this or Freeze was not included yet. These days of social media and forums like this, it don't take but a couple hours for information to be public.
You're not considering all of those whom purchased prior to PT 12 being released.

Many purchased the Upgrade/Support Plan prior to the end of the year which included PT 12 when it became available. Some have already expressed in this thread that they made the decision to purchase based on the expectation that PT 12 included Cloud Collaboration.

Plus, there could have been thousands of people that purchased PT 12 before reading that Cloud Collaboration was not included.
I have read several posts where people are upset that they purchased it only to find out that Cloud Collaboration was not included. They were not told prior to purchasing that it was not included and Avid only posted that information days later after they started selling PT 12, and the posts by disgruntled purchasers began to surface.