Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Marianna? David?
+1
Old 02-25-2015, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Please Avid We All Really Want You to Be Successful

Read and shiver...

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...n-service.html

"And if you’re an industry professional, then the subscription service offers unique benefits to you, allowing you to to claim an operational expense while lowering your capital expenditures."

Sure...

(The comments underneath on PTE are just as interesing as on this forum)
Old 02-25-2015, 11:23 AM

I ain't no fancy city lawyer or nothin, but... Software upgrades have always been operational expenses, have they not?
Old 02-25-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Marianna? David?
What exactly do you want them to say that they have not said. It's been laid out countless times and the ball is in the disgruntled users court. Time to man up and leave Pro Tools behind or not.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Really? You have totally forgotten the painful transition from OS9 to OSX in PT6.0/Jaguar (and not to mention plugins needed to be updated every single point release), it wasn't really stable until PT6.4/Panther as I remember it...
My first system was 6.4 but I learned 4 in school and first experienced 5 at my first audio gig. I inherited a 001 that had 6.4 on a 10.3 or 10.4 system so I didn't have to deal with that transition personally.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
What exactly do you want them to say that they have not said. It's been laid out countless times and the ball is in the disgruntled users court. Time to man up and leave Pro Tools behind or not.
They played "Hero" by Foo Fighters when Hernandez climbed the stage at ACA, presenting these fantastic plans.

They should have played:

http://youtu.be/AWtCittJyr0

;-)
Old 02-25-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX-1Bk2 View Post
My first system was 6.4 but I learned 4 in school and first experienced 5 at my first audio gig. I inherited a 001 that had 6.4 on a 10.3 or 10.4 system so I didn't have to deal with that transition personally.
Be thankful for that. It was far worse than transitioning from 32bit to 64bit
Old 02-25-2015, 12:15 PM

I have PT11HD but feel it is broken so it will not get used here. If PT12 has similar issues I will be avoiding that as well.
I really don't have time to be a beta testing customer. Work comes first so I stick with the tools that function reliably.
One side of my business is post and we do a lot of editing for TV and film. The other side is music which includes scoring work and mixing. Pro Tools 10 is reliable enough and gets the job done, PT11 not so much. I was impressed at the performance boost of PT11 but something is wrong under the hood and needs to get fixed. just sayin...
Old 02-25-2015, 02:54 PM

Default Marianna & Dave

I just worked through this thread. I really liked the title as that is the way I feel - I have used Protools since v1.1, too old now to learn new toys and besides the option for TV/Film post is only one other...

I have reservations on how this licensing will work for me, and I have stated somewhere on here that I will buy in if I get bins or folders in the region list.
BUT:
Th Duc used to be a peer to peer (with the odd pipe in from someone at Digi / Avid Tech) to HELP fellow users. I fear that civility here has gone south.
And if anyone here know Avid, they will know Marianna - she gets things done and sorted - even stupid things that customers do (don't as me how I know ) I just feel there is a lot of very overly emotional aggresive responses which is totally not needed. Nothing was taken from anyone - the choice is still yours. Neither Marianna or Dave need to hang here - and after some of the responses I would not stick around with the types here .

Two more things -
1) I had some issues with 10 and 11 initially, but 11 is by far the most stable I have had any of my rigs since v7.
2) I will take the chance on the first year to get the support plan - simply because I do believe Avid came to the party with MediaComposer 8.3. I was reluctant to buy the support upgrade for MC and was a very late commer to that one - but it was worth upgrading my MC systems to 8.3 from 7 - in a big way - lots of improvements etc.

Marianna helped me again today on a licensing issue and I very much felt I had to write this, and i am also now filling in the bank forms for the S6 I have my eyes on - there are some really good,smart people at Avid working on good, smart products.

Can I get my bins now please

Cheers
stef
Old 02-25-2015, 04:28 PM

Nice post Stef.