Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 01-05-2017, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Plugin Collective

Not seeing anything this month unless I'm missing something?

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 01-05-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Not seeing anything this month unless I'm missing something?

Stephen
Last month's offer was extended until Jan 9
Old 01-05-2017, 08:19 PM

Plugin Collective freebies. Honestly it sounded like an idea that would run out of steam pretty quickly. Getting devs distributed by the Plugin Collective to pony up free plugs monthly is a pie in the sky dream. Maybe semi-annually but not sustainable on a monthly basis.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-05-2017, 09:18 PM

@ Stephen & James - The year, the month even, is still young. I'm not giving up on 'The Collective' just yet...

Quote:
We’ve also been working extremely hard with 2017 in mind, with more great offers from software companies we admire, so watch this space!

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 01-05-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Plugin Collective freebies. Honestly it sounded like an idea that would run out of steam pretty quickly. Getting devs distributed by the Plugin Collective to pony up free plugs monthly is a pie in the sky dream. Maybe semi-annually but not sustainable on a monthly basis.

I am going to hedge my bets and suggest that you'll be eating those words sooner rather than later.

The Plugin Collective isn't so much about free plugins. It is just a way of funneling exclusive offers to Focusrite users. Some months have been nothing more than discounts on plugins. It probably depends what Focusrite can negotiate. It might not even be free for them, who knows. I have never actually received an email about a new Plugin Collective offering during the first week of the month. It always seems to come during the second week.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:39 AM

Well, according to this screen capture they are planning to add the free saturation knob, the red comp and EQ that are good but everybody already have, the smaller drawmer and the blue colored series that isn't AAX
Old 01-10-2017, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Plugin Collective - Flux Studio Session Analyzer

In your Focusrite account now...

Quote:
Studio Session Analyzer is a comprehensive real-time analyser system with the fundamental tools required to improve your mixes and give you total visual control over your sound.

In addition to the range of standard analysis options provided, Flux::’s ground breaking innovation, the Flux:: Nebula Spatial Spectrogram, with a unique representation of the audio spectral content and localization in the stereo space, is included.

Your DAW connects to the Studio Session Analyzer with a SampleGrabber plug-in, available in all standard plug-in formats, sending the audio to the Analyzer application. Using several plug-in instances from multiple DAWs even on different computers in the same network, you can analyse multiple audio sources in parallel (one at a time) in the Analyzer application.

The Studio Session Analyzer is a stand-alone application, available for Mac OS X and Windows, performing the graphic analysis rendering using OpenGL 2.0 and the GPU on the computer’s graphics card to optimize the audio-to-visual experience.

Sample rates up to 96kHz, mono/stereo audio input using the SampleGrabber plug-in only (no hardware I/O support), no support for the Pure Analyzer System add-on options.

That should keep Stephen happy for the rest of the month...

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1

Last edited by Muddy-T; 01-10-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-15-2017, 06:15 AM

Is anyone here having issues to run the Bias Amp Application? The Plug-in works perfectly fine for my but in order to save my presets and upload it I need to run the app. However I gets blocked the hole time after the "Positive Grid" words disappear. I just bough it so maybe I am not getting something but I keep trying things without a result.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy-T View Post
In your Focusrite account now...

That should keep Stephen happy for the rest of the month...

T
I've installed the Studio Session Analyser and it has the aaxplugin sitting in the same folder as all the others (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins) but it isn't showing up as being available in Pro Tools First. Any idea how I get Pro Tools to see the plugin?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Dude View Post
I've installed the Studio Session Analyser and it has the aaxplugin sitting in the same folder as all the others (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins) but it isn't showing up as being available in Pro Tools First. Any idea how I get Pro Tools to see the plugin?

Thanks!

Pro Tools First can only load plugins obtained through the Avid store. It cannot load plugins obtained any other way.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control