Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2020, 08:35 AM

Default Plugins/LLM strange behavior

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody can help explain this behavior that recently popped up in PT 11.3.2.

I recently upgraded to a UAD Apollo x8p. Been using it for about a month with PT with absolutely no problem.

To take advantage of the zero latency in the Apollo they recommend using low latency monitoring in PT. I know that the normal behavior in PT is that plugins go to bypass when the track is armed to record while LLM is engaged. However, this wasn't occurring at all during the time I've been using the Apollo. This is actually fine with me.

Yesterday, though, I created a new session, and all of a sudden, plugins do get bypassed when I arm the track! I thought this was strange, so I opened an older session and just like before, the plugins didn't go to bypass when the track was armed. I got curious and created a new track in that old session. The plugins go to bypass on the new track, but not on the old tracks!

So there are two different bypass behaviors within the same session. I changed the inputs on the tracks so that they were the same, nothing changed. Does the same thing regardless of whether the track is in monitor or record mode on the Apollo.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the two tracks behaving differently.

I'm fine btw changing my workflow to accommodate the plugins getting bypassed, but just wonder if there was an explanation for this.

Support at Sweetwater had no idea, said it was just really weird. Anybody have ideas why this is happening?

thanks

Mike Babyak
Creation Station v6 CS450v6-PC
Windows 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Pro tools 11.3.2
Sonarworks Ref 4 Studio 4.4.6 Build 20
Apollo x8p
Thunderbolt 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6817.jpg (14.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by MikeBabyak; 11-25-2020 at 12:37 PM.