Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-24-2003, 10:57 AM

Default Why did my audio speed up?

Does anyone know why, after I bounced to disk, the stereo track would be faster? It is fine when I import it back into PT, but faster and higher pitched when I play it back on cd or anything other than PT. Also, I've had some problems w/ whole projects playing back slower than they should...
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Jon
Old 10-24-2003, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Why did my audio speed up?

Whenever you use a digital source (external converters, or whatever).. you have to make sure that the sample rate of the digital source matches the Pro Tools session sample rate.. otherwise you'll have sound files recorded with the sample rate which is the external source's sample rate.. but the header is set to the sample rate of the Pro Tools session. Also, never run Pro Tools in "external clock" mode without having a clock source.

This has been discussed numerous times before on the DUC.. do a search. Try searching for the phrase "Header Investigator" which is a utlity I wrote to change WAV files' header nformation.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 10-24-2003, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Why did my audio speed up?

Thanks so much, Rail. I will try that. The searches that I did weren't turning up anythin relevent. I appreciate it!
Jon