Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Default Pro Tools not seeing all i/o from Omni & HD 8x8x8

Hi All: First post from a relative newb so go easy on me. Trying to get a new setup running as follows: Mac Pro with 16 megs of ram 2.8 gigahertz and operating system 10.7.5 running pro tools 10.3.2 HD native w/ installed card. Hardware is an Omni and HD I/O 8x8x8 connected via digilink mini cords w/ the omni going directly into the computer card and the HD I/O connected to the Omni via the expansion connection of the Omni to the primary input of the HD I/O. UA 4-710d connected to the analog-in port on the HD I/O via a digi snake cable. Only 4 mics are plugged into the 4-710d rig and that is connected to the HD I/O analog in via the balanced outputs on the back of the UA connected to the female balanced plugs on the digi snake cable with the Db 25 end plugged into the analog in on the HD I/O. The Omni had 6 inputs being used right now with 4 being analog and 2 digital. Both interfaces have the latest firmware updates and pro Tools and the Mac OS are fresh installs.

Both interfaces work fine when connected to the HD Card directly. The problem arises when they interfaces are connected as described above. Pro tools detects and shows both interfaces in the hardware and I/O menus but only seems to recognize 8 Omni in / outs (no monitoring channels for simplicity at this point) and not those of the HD I/O in both the hardware and I/O menus. I have searched the forum looking for an answer but can’t seem to find this issue addressed.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Steve G.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools not seeing all i/o from Omni & HD 8x8x8

Have you tried deleting all the existing io and hitting the default button, should then display all detected.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post
Have you tried deleting all the existing io and hitting the default button, should then display all detected.
That should be "Hitting the Default button on each tab on the I/O dialog"...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 AM

Indeed yes, sorry for brevity of reply it was late and i was on my phone
Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Thanks. That did the trick. Now I just need to figure out how to route the signals through the i/o and hardware menus.

I will have time to work on it tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Again, thanks for your help, PT is seeing all the inputs but now I am experiencing another problem. I am monitoring the sound from the headphone output on the Omni but the sound sources will sound for about 1 second and then cut out for about 1 second and this pattern repeats. You can see the signal cutting out when the LED meters are set to output on the Omni. This is happening on all channels simultaneously.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong with his one ?

Thanks for any assistance. Steve G.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 PM

Figured it out - I was in such a hurry to hook up the 8x8x8 to the Omni that I forgot to hook up the loop sync cables. Definitely pays to read the manuals carefully.

Cheers.

Steve G.