Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 PM

Default DICE chipset+PT10="ASIO device properties have been changed by the device"

What's the story on PT10 and the Dice FireWire chipset not playing well and throwing "ASIO device properties have been changed by the device control panel. Pro Tools must be restarted for these changes to take effect. Please restart Pro Tools" messages?

I'm using a Midas f32 w/ digi qualified FW card and PT10.3 with just the bundled plugs on a fresh Win7 install with the optimizations recommended here. (Except my vid card is onboard and my Ethernet port isn't disabled. Two things that don't seem to effect the problem)

Is there a solution for this PITA or do I have to keep restarting everytime I change resolutions and such?
Old 12-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Default Re: DICE chipset+PT10="ASIO device properties have been changed by the device"

I've never used a Dice firewire card, but are there alternate drivers available to choose from in Device Manager?

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 12-16-2012, 08:27 AM

Default Re: DICE chipset+PT10="ASIO device properties have been changed by the device"

Pro tools and most audio devices (that I know of) are made to work with TI (texas instruments) chipsets. make sure that on your firewire cards that's what you have. sometimes a company may have one card with a TI and the exact same car with an other vaio or other chipset, which is not compatible.

Wave-T.com
Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 PM

No no the chipset in the Midas is Dice. Same as Presonus and Focusrite and others. The chipset on my FireWire cards in the PC is TI. And no there's only one driver on the Midas side.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 PM

So are you using ASIO with the midas?

Why not connect to PT with the Midas as the playback engine? Or is that what your doing?

I was just looking at some of the Behringer boards the x32.....Who acquired Midas afaik.......

Anyway it seems like you would want to connect to PT with the Midas as the playback engine.......As I said on your other comment....There was no feasible way for me to continue working with my Focusrite Saffire and W7 so i jumped to MAC and have had none of those issues......

Not saying it should be like that but that is what kept me going...... Have you tried to contact midas about the issue....???

Focusrite has released the v3 series drivers and it seems they are doing ok for Win users.....Might be a good idea to see what they say about it....

Good Luck
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:12 PM

Yea the Midas is the playback engine. Ive found a workaround by setting the windows playback and recording preferences to 24/48 and since I have no reason to record at anything other than 24/48 so the only time I have to deal with restarting is if I need to work with an old 44.1 session which is gonna be rare. Changing buffer sizes is more common and that's still gonna make me have to restart. Less of a hastle now though.

I understand what you went through. I had to reformat and install win 7 fresh and install only software needed for DAW work before my rig was stable. Even then I waited and monitored protools for a while before I would install the next piece of software.

Honestly Pro Tools has been this way since the digi 001 days for me. Once I had a sound blaster card repeatedly cause total system crashes by just being in the machine. Even when dissabled with no drivers installed. A smarter man than me would done what you did and just buy a ^!$@*% Mac.