Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 07:13 PM

Default BTD Error

" Could Not complete the 'Bounce to Disk...' command because: Assertion in 'FF_AudioProperty.cpp', line33."

This now plagues each attempt to BTD. I've never seen this before in a several months with this particular Mix +++ system. The session plays through as if bouncing as usual, but halts in the conversion phase, yielding the error above. The sessions are 44.1, the plug load is moderate with POWrDither the last stop on the Master fader, the target bounce file is 44.1/16, convert after bounce.

The above error occurs whether the session is played from a FW 400 drive, or from an internal ATA drive. The error does not occur when the segments of bounced audio is quite short, but it does occur when the bounce segment is s long as 6 minutes. The error occurs when the sessions is so simple as to contain only 1 (stereo) audio track and 1 master fader with the POWr plug instanciated.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

John Caldwell
Old 09-06-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: BTD Error

We were getting this a lot on one of our systems, all of them with SCSI drives. It ended up being a bad drive!!! Obviously, the one we were WRITING to.

I know you said this happens PLAYING from FW or ATA, but what drive are you bouncing to?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the reply, Eric. It matters not what the source drive or the destination drive is, it appears. I've tried FW and internal ATA.

John-
Old 09-07-2005, 12:01 AM

Hi,

A few things to try...

Up the size of the DAE buffer settings.

Try slightly moving the start and end points of the whole region you are bouncing.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 AM

Quote:

Up the size of the DAE buffer settings.
Maxed it out with no effect.

[/QUOTE]

Try slightly moving the start and end points of the whole region you are bouncing.

Chris

[/QUOTE]

Do you mean to nudge forward or backward in time the source audio you wish to bounce? I'll try that. Any idea why this might work, and what the basis of this error is?

Thanks, Chris.

John-
Old 09-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Avid

Sometimes increasing the DAE Playback buffer to '8' is what causes the problem. Bring it back down to '2' or '4', then quit and restart the computer. You might also need to trash preference and database files to get it working properly again.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:43 AM

Quote:
... You might also need to trash preference and database files to get it working properly again.
Thank you Digi; this did work.

Man, I wish I could improve the stability of my Mix system! Kernel panics and unexpected Pro Tools quits occur about 5 times in every 8 hours of work. I've tried the usual suggestions, and the trashing of preferences and database files does help, but it lasts only one day before it needs to be repeated.

Thanks for the help here in any case.

John-