Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2014, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Big Fish Audio Loops?

I'm using PT HDX 11. As far as files, I don't really see any. What I have after the download, for example is, jazz_55869. I double clicked on it thinking it was a compressed filed. It then created a file called jazz_55869.cpgz. I don't know what the extension .cpgz is. In either case, this file is as big as the original 541 MB. I don't see any folders or audio files in this huge download file. It doesn't open up to reveal anything. Furthermore, this file can not be dragged to an audio track from the workspace window.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermid View Post
I'm using PT HDX 11. As far as files, I don't really see any. What I have after the download, for example is, jazz_55869. I double clicked on it thinking it was a compressed filed. It then created a file called jazz_55869.cpgz. I don't know what the extension .cpgz is. In either case, this file is as big as the original 541 MB. I don't see any folders or audio files in this huge download file. It doesn't open up to reveal anything. Furthermore, this file can not be dragged to an audio track from the workspace window.
I'm not sure what to tell you. I just downloaded the "RockHard" loops file to test it. It is a zipped file (I'm on Win-7). I unzipped it, and there are several folders each containing audio loops in WAV format. The same should be true for all the other loop files there. Are you sure you are unzipping them properly first? Once you have, you should have a folder with several subfolders inside each of which has several audio loops. These you can access via the Workspace from inside PT and audition and drag and drop to create a new audio track. Its really that simple. Read the manual on using Workspace to access files and drag and drop.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:26 PM

Yeah, I was using a mac and files weren't decompressing. Everytime I tried to decompress them it would just make a copy of the file. It would just stay stuck in that loop. Apparently, this is a common problem with mac's decompressing software that comes stock with macs. So I checked around and the suggestion was to download and install another software to decompress the file. This finally worked and I could see the folders and wave files. Thanks for your help. Appreciate the effort.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:28 PM

Okay, good! Let us know how it goes.! Not sure you can drag and drop into Structure. You might need to load in from within Structure. The drag n drop went away with AAX as I recall.