Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2017, 08:33 AM

Default Mbox 2 malfunction in Pro Tools 11

Hi, I have worked in my Mac for the last few years (currently OS Sierra V 10.12.6) with Pro Tools 10.3.5 and as it was working correctly, I did not installed the latest versions. A few months ago, PT began to give some minor errors until about a month ago when my Mbox 2 Mini stopped recording: The program identified it well as a Playback Engine but did not pick up the input signal.
Thinking that perhaps updating to a later version the problem would be corrected, I installed the version 11 but if I select the Mbox as Playback Engine when activating Play (both in playback and recording mode) the Stop is activated automatically and in the lower part "Pause" appears, however, if I select Pro Tools Aggregate as the Playback Engine, it works correctly. I´ve tried the follow solutions without success: I have installed version 12, I’ve reinstalled the Mbox driver, I have increased the size of the buffer successively to 1024, I have disabled the plug-ins, but the problem persists.
Notice that I am not very expert in rare terms.
Thanks in advance to those who can help me and my excuses for my basic English. I´m from Spain!
Desolis