Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2003, 09:45 AM

Default Mute on audio track switches off when I play the track

I have ProTools HD on a G4 867.

I have one track in a session which will not stay muted. If I mute it, then hit play, the mute immediately switches off and I hear the track. The same thing happen if I start at the beginning of the region, or at any other location in the region.

I have automation data on this track, but I have this on many other tracks which don't exhibit this behavior.

I have never had this happen before. What is going on? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-28-2003, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Mute on audio track switches off when I play the track

Quote:
Originally posted by el biciclista:
r.

I have never had this happen before. What is going on?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You have an automation breakpoint written somewhere in the mute data. Display mute automation for the track, select all for that track and hit delete.

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 07-29-2003, 10:29 AM

Rich,
I have not written any mute automation data for any of the tracks in this session. I have only written volume automation data. When I look at the mute display for this track, I see a single point at the beginning at the top of the scale, and a solid horizontal line for the remainder of the track.

So, I don't think the problem lies in mute automation data (unless I am missing something).

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Mike
Old 07-29-2003, 10:54 AM

Automation would be the only thing that would cause that behavior. Try the suggestion above: go to the track in question's mute automation playlist and triple click to select the entire length of that track, then hit delete.

It is possible to accidentally write automation data on a playlist other than the one you're working on. For instance, if you're in absolute write mode, all enabled parameters will be written, whether you touch them or not. That's one of the only reasons the automation enables window even exists.

If the suggestion made in the earlier post doesn't fix your problem, then I congratulate you for having a problem that I've never ever ever seen or heard of. Good luck.