Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Predefined Midi Outputs

My midi requirements in PT are very basic....just midifiles through the Windows GS Wavetable...
However, I can't seem to get that option available in the pre-defined outputs of a miditrack in Ver7.
System: M-Audio Firewire410, M-Powered PT 7 , Win XP Pro

Wavetable IS installed and works with Mediaplayer and shows up as option in another DAW programme.(mmm... wonder if that's hogging it....shouldn't if it's not launched..)
My predefined options in Pro Tools are: 410midi/windows midimapper (emulated)/usb devices (emulated)...I have a Behringer BCF2000 which explains the USB option.

I cannot find any settings to select/add the windows wavetable as an output option.....Can anyone help..???

PS: I run PTLE 6.4 with an 002R at work and by default, the Windows GS Wavetable is available as a predefined output for miditracks.

I can use Reason Adapted for midi sounds of course, but in the interest of simplicity and CPU, generally, the Windows wavetable is sufficient....see...basic requirements...

Cheers
Old 12-03-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Predefined Midi Outputs

Hi there,
Still trying to solve this....before asking Tech Support..(who I assume perhaps monitor this forum)...
I am contemplating uninstalling and reinstalling PTs when I can find time, ....(Christmas rush is on)..see if that helps issue.
Can I ask if it is usual for the installed wavetable to be available as a midi output in Pro Tools....
IOW...whether you use it or not, do other users have the GS wavetable by default in their defined outputs options in midi tracks....???

Cheers