Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2014, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack not booting stuck at logo

My computer will not recognize the 11R. The Boot Screen just keeps flashing the little streak at the bottom. I have tried all three type resets, nothing is works. I am a complete loss here. Very frustrated, as there are lots of complaints about this issue, but I can't find any solutions.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 04-29-2014, 07:53 PM

Ah ..i see
Thats a frustrating situation, can't really say Barry. Apart from the obvious ..usb port….cable swap.
Just disconnect and sleep on it..see what gives in the morning
Whats the blue light situation? looking thru the side
I have had it happens only once but on re boot it was okay and yes it seems a common problem
Old 04-29-2014, 08:32 PM

I need help! Nothing works!!!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 04-29-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
I need help! Nothing works!!!
Try all these... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ow_To/en344703

If that is not it and you are adventurous you can try reseating internal boards interconnect cables etc. But you are likely to need to return the unit for repair. It may be easier/cheaper to just buy a used unit.

Darryl
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Try all these... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ow_To/en344703

If that is not it and you are adventurous you can try reseating internal boards interconnect cables etc. But you are likely to need to return the unit for repair. It may be easier/cheaper to just buy a used unit.

Darryl
I have done all that.

This is completely unacceptable! In 30 years of working with rack gear, I have never had a single piece of gear stop working like this, especially after just a few years!

Avid you have responsibility here, especially considering how much there is out there on this issue!

Really Pissed!!!!!!!!!!

Did I let people know that I AM REALLY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:10 AM

You do understand things do break, and there is Avid service and a network of authorized Avid repair centers to handle things breaking, and if you want to get this fixed it starts with a free phone call to Avid? Which you made how many days ago? Whining here will get nothing done.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You do understand things do break, and there is Avid service and a network of authorized Avid repair centers to handle things breaking, and if you want to get this fixed it starts with a free phone call to Avid? Which you made how many days ago? Whining here will get nothing done.
Daryl, I appreciate your support. FWIW, my unit is out of warranty. I have researched this issue to death, and in every single situation, avid did nothing about it for ones out of warranty. Every single person said it was cheaper to buy a new one than fix mine. So yes, I am upset, rightfully so, I have no faith that Avid will do anything, but I will try.

My 11R has never left the room nor the rack it was put in from day 1. It's connected to a very expensive power rack.

Old 04-30-2014, 12:44 PM

It would probably be best to give Avid a call on this one

http://www.avid.com/US/support

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-30-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Daryl, I appreciate your support. FWIW, my unit is out of warranty. I have researched this issue to death, and in every single situation, avid did nothing about it for ones out of warranty. Every single person said it was cheaper to buy a new one than fix mine. So yes, I am upset, rightfully so, I have no faith that Avid will do anything, but I will try.

My 11R has never left the room nor the rack it was put in from day 1. It's connected to a very expensive power rack.
It's your time and money. I know this is frustrating but I'd call Avid and ask what they can do, at least get a repair quote/idea. But dealing with this likely quickly becomes not worth your time, let along any repair cost, just buy another one or buy a used unit on EBay etc.

It's also crack open the unit and do some basic cable/voltage checks etc.

While there has been some reports of these type of problems, I expect we'd hear more if there was a widespread systemic problem.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:04 PM

As I feared, I'm SOL with Avid. Repair is over 350 and replacement, forget about that.

Not a good story!