Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 08-17-2013, 12:45 AM

Default Imported Quicktime video plays back too fast

After importing a Quicktime video and setting it to the correct frame rate (29.97 fps) the video plays about 5 times faster than it should. I hope there is an obvious solution to this - I haven't been able to find a clear reason why it's happening. The imported audio, however, sounds fine.
I used Gspot and it says the file's codec is avc1, named H.264.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Imported Quicktime video plays back too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigatnu View Post
After importing a Quicktime video and setting it to the correct frame rate (29.97 fps) the video plays about 5 times faster than it should. I hope there is an obvious solution to this - I haven't been able to find a clear reason why it's happening. The imported audio, however, sounds fine.
I used Gspot and it says the file's codec is avc1, named H.264.
Pro Tools doesn't play well with H.264. Transcode.

Dev
Old 08-17-2013, 11:16 AM

So, I tried transcoding the file to Avid DNxHD, imported video into PT and got the same problem. (Since I am new to working with video, I found this method to transcode the video file: http://buildyourown.wordpress.com/20...ode-mov-files/ ) I also tried transcoding the file to Avid DV, which also produced the same sped up result. Any thoughts?
Old 08-17-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigatnu View Post
So, I tried transcoding the file to Avid DNxHD, imported video into PT and got the same problem. (Since I am new to working with video, I found this method to transcode the video file: http://buildyourown.wordpress.com/20...ode-mov-files/ ) I also tried transcoding the file to Avid DV, which also produced the same sped up result. Any thoughts?
Hmm...

I would assume that an Avid DnXHD should work fine, but I don't have much experience with this type if codec and ProTools. We used ProRes Proxy's almost exclusively.

Can you confirm that when you play this file in QuickTime (original) that it doesn't have the same issues? Anyway to get this file re-outputted in a usable file format from wherever your getting it?

MPEG Streamclip is great, but it's easy to transcode wrong, as there are lots of options. Just a thought.

Short of all that, make sure you give the system a fair shot, by deleting all relative Prefs and .plist files (including the QuickTime prefs), and a permissions repair.

Dev