Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 03-08-2019, 11:49 PM

Default Best 808 Plugin?

Hi all,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a TR808 plugin emulation to use within Pro Tools. In your opinion, what would be the best plugin for me to try and why?

I'm also chasing a similar recommendation for synth sounds and also horns. Whilst I know that can be quite vague, I'm open to suggestions.

Here's an example of the type of instrument sounds I'm looking to incorporate in my music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKqRAC-JNOM

If you could recommend some virtual instruments that can create these type of sounds, I'd be very appreciative. Open to using free or paid plugins.

Thanks in advance.

(edited thanks to sardi)

Last edited by Lue; 03-09-2019 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Best 808 Plugin?

I've translated this for the rest of the forum members here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a TR808 plugin emulation to use within Pro Tools. In your opinion, what would be the best plugin for me to try and why?

I'm also chasing a similar recommendation for synth sounds and also horns. Whilst I know that can be quite vague, I'm open to suggestions.

Here's an example of the type of instrument sounds I'm looking to incorporate in my music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKqRAC-JNOM

If you could recommend some virtual instruments that can create these type of sounds, I'd be very appreciative. Open to using free or paid plugins.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:48 AM

thank you. sorry for being a newbie. i will put that as my main post if you dont mind
Old 03-09-2019, 04:12 AM

It’s not being a newbie. Just the bluntness and tone that I found amusing.

A friendlier tone with some concise questions will probably yield a bunch of replies. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2019, 05:05 AM

Thank you Sardi. Pro Tools comes with one of the best drum machines ever made, it's called boom. Addictive Drums has a great pack with pure classic Reel Machines, that's all I use. For synths you seem to be looking for sounds already cooked, try Studio Linked, they've been giving away Trophies lately but again Pro Tools comes with Xpand and Vacuum which will work as good if you are willing to do more than just pulling presets. I also recommend Synthmaster One.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
It’s not being a newbie. Just the bluntness and tone that I found amusing.

A friendlier tone with some concise questions will probably yield a bunch of replies. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My deepest apologies. I will do my best to sound friendlier :)
Old 03-09-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Thank you Sardi. Pro Tools comes with one of the best drum machines ever made, it's called boom. Addictive Drums has a great pack with pure classic Reel Machines, that's all I use. For synths you seem to be looking for sounds already cooked, try Studio Linked, they've been giving away Trophies lately but again Pro Tools comes with Xpand and Vacuum which will work as good if you are willing to do more than just pulling presets. I also recommend Synthmaster One.
Thank you. I will look into all of your suggestions :)
Old 03-09-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lue View Post
My deepest apologies. I will do my best to sound friendlier :)
All good dude. My post was kind of tongue in cheek.

Also, maybe add a budget of what you're willing to spend as you might be better off getting an instrument bundle that will cover a lot of bases.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
All good dude. My post was kind of tongue in cheek.

Also, maybe add a budget of what you're willing to spend as you might be better off getting an instrument bundle that will cover a lot of bases.
I'm not quite sure how much plugins are normally priced but I have bought Trilian and it is my favourite thing I bought so far :)

Price doesn't really matter, if I can't afford it now I'll just save up for it and get it eventually.

I think that learning music will at least take a few years so I don't mind slowly stacking up if plugins are expensive.

I kind of expect each plugin to cost however much the instrument would cost. But I don't really know much about it.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lue View Post

I kind of expect each plugin to cost however much the instrument would cost. But I don't really know much about it.
Actually, virtual instruments are typically a super bargain when compared to their hardware counterparts.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com