Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Default Re: trying to make loops not sound like there being cut off

Quote:
Well it loops perfectly already because i record a melodic loop in my fantom and track in pt, so i know it's a perfect loop.
you mean 'rhythmically' it's perfect right?? and 'if' so and you are only concerned about the wave form/sound then, like i said earlier, 'tab to transients'. pick a to place for your cursor in the last 1/16 note of the last beat of your original loop. stretch the wave and use 'tab to transient' to locate the spot in the wave that's causing your problem/pop. also work in a 1 bar grid mode (in case you're not) to show you if indeed your loop is 'perfect'. if you have ANYTHING beyond the bar you will have problems (and you might already know all i've said )

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM

I don't know what Fantom is, but if a loop loops perfectly within it then record one or two bars into protools. Trim the region so that there's nothing before or after the waveform and it should loop perfectly, no fades or crossfades necessary. In grid mode, use the TCE trimmer to make sure the loop fits exactly into one (or two) bars. A good read of the editing chapter in the Reference Guide wouldn't do any harm.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I don't know what Fantom is, but if a loop loops perfectly within it then record one or two bars into protools. Trim the region so that there's nothing before or after the waveform and it should loop perfectly, no fades or crossfades necessary. In grid mode, use the TCE trimmer to make sure the loop fits exactly into one (or two) bars. A good read of the editing chapter in the Reference Guide wouldn't do any harm.
true. you should not have to do fades or crossfades to dup a loop

Old 04-23-2008, 08:07 AM

fantom x keyboard.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 AM

It seems like tab to transient doesn't work well unless your using a drum loop. I'm using a string loop. I tried to use tab to transients to find the peaks but it couldn't because the peaks weren't strong enough.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
It seems like tab to transient doesn't work well unless your using a drum loop. I'm using a string loop. I tried to use tab to transients to find the peaks but it couldn't because the peaks weren't strong enough.
well it's definitely not limited to drum trax. but have to admit i have not used it on strings (that i can remember)

Old 04-23-2008, 11:07 AM

See i think you guys think that i don't have it looping right. Everythings looped perfectly it's just keyboard tracks sounds that i'm having problems with. I can't really explain it! it loops perfectly but it just seems like the track doesn't transition well from region to region. I'm just going to go back adding a little reverb to all my keyboard tracks so you can't tell.

Listen to this clip:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/10997657e8ee62ed/
Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
See i think you guys think that i don't have it looping right. Everythings looped perfectly it's just keyboard tracks sounds that i'm having problems with. I can't really explain it! it loops perfectly but it just seems like the track doesn't transition well from region to region. I'm just going to go back adding a little reverb to all my keyboard tracks so you can't tell.

Listen to this clip:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/10997657e8ee62ed/
i listened to it. i really don't know what to listen for EXACTLY but TO ME, it sounds like you played a 2 bar loop live on the fantom. but your attack on the end of bar 2 is different even though you attempted to play the same thing, the same way. if it was me dup'g the loop, i'd get rid of bar 2 entirely and loop ONLY bar 1. but i say all of this not knowin' what you are really tryin' to do, only what i 'think' you are tryin' to do...just my 2cents

Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM

It sounds as if the length of the audio in your loop is not as long as the length of the loop itself.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12