Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 AM

Default PCIe drivers not installed

So every time I turn my computer off and turn it back on it says the drivers for my accel core card aren't installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled pro tools a couple times and it works when I do that, but I want to know what im doing wrong. Am I not supposed to shut down? Is there a shut down checklist that I'm not following? Please help.

Btw I'm new to this hd realm so don't bash me if you read something YOU think everyone else should know.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM

Default Re: PCIe drivers not installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespada View Post
So every time I turn my computer off and turn it back on it says the drivers for my accel core card aren't installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled pro tools a couple times and it works when I do that, but I want to know what im doing wrong. Am I not supposed to shut down? Is there a shut down checklist that I'm not following? Please help.

Btw I'm new to this hd realm so don't bash me if you read something YOU think everyone else should know.
Hi,

Drivers are built into the software! so i'm surprised you're getting this message and i can't recall ever seeing it before.

What exactly does the message say? or could you grab a screenshot of it?

I would start with uninstalling pro tools. trash all prefs. repair disk permissions. reboot. re-install pro tools. Don't panic its not as difficult as it sounds

All the details and more can be found here...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=54888

Uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools
-Run the Pro Tools installer from your CD-ROM or web download.
-Click on the Custom Install menu and choose "Uninstall".
-Click continue and then choose the option for "Clean" uninstall
-Click OK when it reports that the uninstall was successful

Delete Pro Tools preferences.
-Go to Users > “your user name” > Library > Preferences
-Delete 'com.digidesign.protoolsLE.plist', 'DAE Prefs' (folder), 'DigiSetup.OSX' and 'Pro Tools preferences'.
-Empty trash, then restart the computer.

Repair Permissions
-Quit Pro Tools and launch Apple's "Disk Utility" application, located in:

reboot and re-install

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 PM

Default Re: PCIe drivers not installed

Thank you so much Chris. It seems that everything is working properly now. You were a great help.