Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2019, 12:09 PM

Default Rolling-back Pro Tools 10.3.9 Factory Plugins

Hey there,

So I recently updated from Pro Tools 10.3.9 to 10.3.10 in the hopes of solving another issue. The new problem that I have now is that updating to 10.3.10 updated all of the factory plugins bundled with Pro Tools such as signal generator, AIR Plugins, etc.

At first, this doesn't sound like much of a problem; except that I was using the older version of the signal generator to produce some really cool/unique sounds for a client of mine. The new version of the signal generator must have a different algorithm for producing saw waves and other things, so the sounds that I had built for this client are now broken and/or not sounding as intended. On the last call I had with that client, he said that was his favorite sound, and he wanted to explore more uses of it. So I am desperately trying to get it back.

I have since tried deleting preferences and plugins folders, uninstalling 10.3.10 and reinstalling 10.3.9, even system restore. But the signal generator, AIR Plugins, etc. remain updated no matter what I do.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of rolling-back this update to the factory plugins so I can get the older version of the signal generator back. Or perhaps there's a legacy download somewhere out there that has what I'm looking for. I actually don't mind the rest of the updated plugins, it's really just the signal generator that I need the older version of.

Thanks for all the help,
Robbie