How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 AM

Default Audio2Midi (complete Drumset)

Hi everybody,

I got a question about some plugins which can create midi notes from audiosources.

A while ago I was trying to record some grooves with my Edrumkit but the result wasn't very satisfying. Maybe I was to dumb to play in time or the Midi recording was a bit out of sync.

I recorded some fills on my drums and tried to transfer this to midi. For that task I found DRT2 which worked pretty well and the created midi sounded ok when played thru Superior Drummer.
But with the Demoversion I can only make one track to Midi.

Does anybody know some plugins which will work for an entire kit? My real drums are all miced seperately so I have one track for each instrument.

Maybe anybody has some experience with that. Would be great if there are some plugins out there which will create one Midifile out of 8 Audiotracks.

Heavy Greetz
Old 12-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Audio2Midi (complete Drumset)

Maybe the full version of DRT? Or Slate's drum replacement plugin? Melodyne can do it as well. Back to using an E-kit; that's likely a better route. You just need to work out some details. start with the lowest buffer your computer can handle, then quantize the midi from your E-kit recording. That worked great for me for years. I would STILL be doing that if my biggest client hadn't gotten a bug up his ***** for an acoustic kit. Fortunately, i made samples of tons of my drum VI sounds and often use Drumagog to enhance or replace the acoustic sounds.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-04-2013, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Audio2Midi (complete Drumset)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Maybe the full version of DRT? Or Slate's drum replacement plugin? Melodyne can do it as well. Back to using an E-kit; that's likely a better route. You just need to work out some details. start with the lowest buffer your computer can handle, then quantize the midi from your E-kit recording. That worked great for me for years. I would STILL be doing that if my biggest client hadn't gotten a bug up his ***** for an acoustic kit. Fortunately, i made samples of tons of my drum VI sounds and often use Drumagog to enhance or replace the acoustic sounds.
I tried a few times to get my Edrumkit to work for recording but all I record isn't very in time. Maybe it's cause I am playing to sloppy cause I don't like the feel of my Ekit or it's just a computer issue. I had a thread started here with that problem but I didn't get it to work very properly.

I also heard of Trigger 2 EX from Slate but there is no Demo and I haven't found any videos regarding to the Audio2Midi.

Heavy Greetz