Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-15-2017, 08:20 AM

Default Group Color Assignment Bars Gone Missing?

I posted about this in the PT 10 forum, but had no luck there.

Out of nowhere, some of the little color bars that appear to the left of group names in the group menu section have disappeared, and in the edit window, those groups no longer have a color assignment at all.

I've never seen this and can't figure out how to bring them back.

Is there even an option to turn the color for different groups completely on
or off, while leaving others alone?

Or is this a bug?

Look at the group menu in the picture below. Do you see how some of the groups are missing a color bar to the left of their name? Where did they go? The groups are still enabled, they just have no color in the edit window, which confuses things if there are multiple colorless groups next to each other in the edit window.

I've searched for the answer and watched a few tutorials, but haven't found anyone or anything mention enabling/disabling just a groups color.

Thanks.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Group Color Assignment Bars Gone Missing?

Because you got no help here starting yet another thread on the same subject won't get you help here. Besides which it's against the TOS (aka forum rules).

QAPLA!
Old 10-15-2017, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Group Color Assignment Bars Gone Missing?

Musicman691,

Thanks for chiming in again. I think I see what you mean. So, you don't really know if group color bars can be turned on and off, and think this might really just be a bug or glitch? And I should go ahead and swap in my clone?

That's kind of my thinking too. I couldn't find it as an option in the PT reference guide and clicking where the bars should be with different modifiers had no effect. Adjusting system prefs did nothing as well, at least the ones I tried. I've also never seen this before.

Still, I might wait to see if a more knowledgeable user responds, in case this ends up being just a dumb setting that got toggled off somehow. That has happened in the past as well, and back then, when this forum was more populated, getting a quick response from a friendly pro who was familiar with a lot of less-used features of PT, saved me and others a lot of potentially wasted troubleshooting time.

Thanks for your help.