Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2002, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Can I get more than 8 in still bypassing the 001s converters?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloux:
Elwoodblues,

no need to apalogize, B.Ray does know alot about the things you mentioned, He just doesnt know much about tact.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey, that's not true. I do know a lot about tact. I just don't choose to use it as much as some would like. I'm not into this 'hand holding' stuff like some of the other guys around here. But I am a good citizen of the DUC.

I mean really, the Digi001's I/O capabilities are clearly marked on the outside of the box it comes in. Also, in the front part of the Reference Guide it goes over it in detail.

Sooner of later you gotta' take off the training wheels and ride that bike the way it was meant to be ridden.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:40 PM

Anyone who buys and uses the PTLE/Digi001 system is practicing the craft/art of Recording Engineering. Recording Engineers have a tradition of being inventive, creative and resourceful. I think its important, from time to time, to say "Hey, stop the hand wringing and start learning how to be inventive, creative and resourceful".

That may seem rude to some of you but I believe it is helpful at times.

I believe the Recording Engineer is supposed to be the smartest guy/gal in the room!

He's the one who has all the answers...he knows how to get that sound!
Old 05-22-2002, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elwoodblues:
Maybe this a dumb question but I am still pretty new to this stuff so here goes:

Is it possible to get more than 8 ins and still bypass the digi's a/d converters..I know you can do 8 via optical from a RME ADI-8 for example but how would you get another 8? I understand that I could get 8 from the optical and 2 from another converter via spdif but are there any other ways?

I have been looking into convertors and could get away with an Apogee Rosetta if I wasn't interested in tracking drums with possibly 10 mics. If I tracked drums with the digi's converters and bass, guitars, vocals, etc. with a Rosetta would the drums sound bad compared to everything else....Has anyone else ran into this issue?

thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Digi001 has 18 possible inputs...you already know what they are.

Now, let me ask you a question. Why are you so afraid to go ahead and record some music and judge the sound for yourself?

You may find the Digi converters to be just fine for the projects you're working on right now, but you'll never know until you try.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:33 AM

yes and that sound gets it all
Old 05-22-2002, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by B.Ray:

Seriously though, I haven't given you a fair shake; and for that I apologize.

Its true, I didn't have to respond to your initial question if I didn't have anything good to say. But instead, I chose to poke fun at you which was wrong.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks B. Ray...thats all I needed to hear..I apologize for being a smart ***** too.

I am out of town this week and ran across a deal on converters, got excited and asked a very logical question that I clearly didn't think through....

Anyway...How bout a round of Boilermakers..just to bury the hatchet.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]