Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 06-22-2013, 05:14 PM

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

I was a free upgrade from 10. I just went and deleted to old file (79511.dmg) and cleared my cache. When I went back to "My Products" section on AVID website the listings had changed and I downloaded the PT 11 installer again, which downloaded as 79652.dmg this time and have just completed installation. Finally complete! Now to set the I/O up and see what this can do.
MacBook Pro 9,1
2.3GHz i7 Quad
16 GB Ram
OSX 10.8.4
External Glyph Drive 500 GB, Firewire 800, 7200 rpm
JBL LSR4326 monitors
24" BenQ External HDMI Display
Old 06-22-2013, 05:52 PM

I have never surrendered a license before on iLok. Does this mean I won't have a license for PT10 anymore? I still need PT10 to run.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearingSounds View Post
I have never surrendered a license before on iLok. Does this mean I won't have a license for PT10 anymore? I still need PT10 to run.
PT 11 comes with both 10 and 11. You need to be running PT10.3.6 if you are gonna have both PT's on the same computer aswell as getting everything correctly installed.

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Admin Emeritus

The latest on this issue iLok.com support:
Quote:
We wanted to let you know that we've fixed the great majority of the surrender cases. The slowest part of the process now is answering each and every one of the support tickets to let you know. We will continue to answer each ticket, but we felt that announcing it here would reach more of you more quickly. If you find you are all set after following the steps below, please write back on the last email you received from us letting us know your issue is resolved. That will help us move more quickly to the next person's case.

Please check your account now. You should see your license(s) available for activation.

Please note that in some cases, a Sync/Repair operation may be required if your new license isn't authorizing the associated software to run.

See the Sync/Repair instructions on the iLok.com Known Issues page and follow them carefully.

Please note that we have scheduled downtime tonight beginning at 9:00pm PST in order to do some hardware upgrades to increase system stability and performance. We anticipate this downtime to be short. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is important for us to do this to improve the current infrastructure.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:57 AM

I've been struggling with this for two days now. At one time, PT 11 HD and PT 10 HD were both working. I sat on the phone for a hour and a half waiting for tech support, and once they finally answered, when I opened the program(s), the both worked! I shut down, left for a bit, came back, logged in, and now, I get the "ilok" issue..can't activate the license to my ilok...this is frickin terrible...obviously, this software/license was not ready for launch...
I got a late response from support@ilok, telling me to reboot my computer. I have followed every instruction given, tried everything, keep getting weird error messages (see attachments)
I have never had any problems installing any PT updates.This is awful. I wonder how much revenue is being lost. I guess I am lucky I had no sessions scheduled for this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ilok issue 6.23.2013.jpg (52.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ilok issue 2 6.23.2013.jpg (41.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawgg View Post
I've been struggling with this for two days now. At one time, PT 11 HD and PT 10 HD were both working. I sat on the phone for a hour and a half waiting for tech support, and once they finally answered, when I opened the program(s), the both worked! I shut down, left for a bit, came back, logged in, and now, I get the "ilok" issue..can't activate the license to my ilok...this is frickin terrible...obviously, this software/license was not ready for launch...
I got a late response from support@ilok, telling me to reboot my computer. I have followed every instruction given, tried everything, keep getting weird error messages (see attachments)
I have never had any problems installing any PT updates.This is awful. I wonder how much revenue is being lost. I guess I am lucky I had no sessions scheduled for this weekend.
And now...I can't even get the ilok manager software to open..
Old 06-23-2013, 05:37 PM

After 9 hours, and at least a hour on the phone with Avid registration support, PT 11 and 10 are working. The same thing happened yesterday. Tech support could not help me get the software/ilok to work...after I got off the phone with them, I decided to simply re-install everything. Both versions of PT HD, and the Ilok manager software. After a re-boot, no dice...I couldn't even get the ilok manager to open. Another re-boot...and...MIRACLE!! Both versions of the software work. I have no idea why. When I log into the ilok manger , it says my ilok has zero license available...I am scared to death to shut my system down, as I have a session tomorrow...any advice? Can someone from Avid jump in?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Avid, I'm truly sorry iLok has managed to foobar a truly brilliant Pro Tools 11 release. I had it running with iLok (miraculously) this AM, and then just about 30 minutes ago without doing anything but rebooting my Mac, I lost ALL licenses off my iLok. No rhyme or reason.

I never thought I'd say this, but Avid MUST and SHOULD consider other avenues besides this iLok cluster[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] of a mess. I've never seen ANY company release such awful and unstable software that millions count on for mission critical work. This is just plain unacceptable.

Frankly I rather like the path Waves took to manage their licenses, and recommend you consider the same. At the very least offer the option of moving to eLicenser which has proven to be more stable over time.

Many thanks from a furious user trying to be chill here because you didn't do anything wrong (for once :) )
Old 06-23-2013, 06:27 PM

Avid, I'm truly sorry iLok has managed to foobar a truly brilliant Pro Tools 11 release. I had it running with iLok (miraculously) this AM, and then just about 30 minutes ago without doing anything but rebooting my Mac, I lost ALL licenses off my iLok. No rhyme or reason.

I never thought I'd say this, but Avid MUST and SHOULD consider other avenues besides this iLok cluster[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] of a mess. I've never seen ANY company release such awful and unstable software that millions count on for mission critical work. This is just plain unacceptable.

Frankly I rather like the path Waves took to manage their licenses, and recommend you consider the same. At the very least offer the option of moving to eLicenser which has proven to be more stable over time.

Many thanks from a furious user trying to be chill here because you didn't do anything wrong (for once :) )

I agree.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:35 PM

Bruce, I went thru the free upgrade process from PT 10 and ILOK doesn't show PT 11 license, how can AVID resend it?