Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 02-13-2020, 11:49 AM

Default Re: EUCON 20.1.0 Released

The Mac is connected with both. Hasn't been a problem until now, I have been using the Control app with an S3 and a dock fort the past months in that very same config.
I haven't changed anything but updating the control app and eucon.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 02-13-2020, 11:51 AM
Avid

Thats not good practice. You should turn off the WiFi (its not needed and could slow other things down)
Old 02-13-2020, 11:53 AM

Interesting that you know what I do and do not need, but I can assure you you are wrong with your assumption.

Let me return the "you should"-approach:

You should learn not to destroy parts of your applications when you release a version upgrade. That is not good practice.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 02-13-2020, 11:58 AM
Avid

I'm sorry if you want to run in a non standard way you cant expect software to always work correctly. I would love to know why you need both Wifi and Ethernet connected. It might help me understand the workflows and help other customers
Old 02-13-2020, 12:07 PM

I never expect any software release from you guys to work. You (and I do not mean you personally) lost that kind of trust years ago with your track record.
But I still wish they would work. That's a difference.

I use Airdrop a lot to send files between Macs and iPads. And I do not want to manually activate and deactivate Wifi everytime I need to do that.
Again, this setup has been working fine until now. So something has been broken, and it was not on my side.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 02-13-2020, 12:07 PM

Faders STILL jumpy over here and STILL drops out of automation after 50 seconds!
Old 02-13-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
I use Airdrop a lot to send files between Macs and iPads. And I do not want to manually activate and deactivate Wifi everytime I need to do that.
Again, this setup has been working fine until now. So something has been broken, and it was not on my side.
You got lucky the first time around and the protocols binded to one form of communication the first time around. Luck doesn't mean anything was changed or broken now.

With two NIC connected to the same network (which will have different IP addresses) the single iPad is broadcasting its existence to the Mac via both. You need the iPad to only communicate down one line and stick that way. Temporarily turn off one (best would be wifi) on the Mac, let Eucon bind from the Mac to the Control app, then turn back on wifi.

But this is a non-smart practice so the issue is your setup. I doubt anything was changed about the connection protocol -- just restarting it all through the new installation made it re-need to find the communication path. And this time you didn't luck into it.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
You got lucky the first time around and the protocols binded to one form of communication the first time around. Luck doesn't mean anything was changed or broken now.

With two NIC connected to the same network (which will have different IP addresses) the single iPad is broadcasting its existence to the Mac via both. You need the iPad to only communicate down one line and stick that way. Temporarily turn off one (best would be wifi) on the Mac, let Eucon bind from the Mac to the Control app, then turn back on wifi.

But this is a non-smart practice so the issue is your setup. I doubt anything was changed about the connection protocol -- just restarting it all through the new installation made it re-need to find the communication path. And this time you didn't luck into it.
That would explain it. And there's no way to put into the code to pick one if the same MAC address comes in on both?
I mean, EUControl sees the iPad. Once. It just doesn't connect.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 02-13-2020, 12:24 PM
Avid

EUCON used IP protocol and follows by its rules. We can't change that.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:25 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Gräber View Post
Faders STILL jumpy over here and STILL drops out of automation after 50 seconds!
Did you update the firmware on the S1?
Yes the 50 sec issue is not in this release, sorry. Please keep an eye on that post for more info.