Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 11-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Default Playback on avid scorch not accurate

I downloaded my own composition into avid scorch but not all the instruments are playing back. (It is scored for 20 instruments only). I have checked all the instruments settings - all in unmuted. An additional problem is that the woodblock is being played by a flute. There are no untuned instruments in the "change instrument" setting. Some of the instruments that are playing have very distorted sounds - especially the brass instruments. Suggestions please.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Playback on avid scorch not accurate

Hi, I think it depends what you are trying to do, if you want to use the playback to accompany yourself, then I would export the 'music' from Sibelius as a music file and export the score as a PDF and then load the into forScore and associate it with the 'music' file in iTunes. I have seen a jazz player who had set it up so that the score to turn pages automatically in forScore during the performance though I use a blue tooth turner. (I accept that forScore means another slight outlay but it is worth it.)

Other than that, not sure what to suggest. Avid do not appear to monitor this site. I raised it on the Sibelius site and was told that someone from support may look at it if they get time.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:38 PM

Thanks for your response. I am really just after an accurate sound playback that has ALL the instruments being played as well as a wood block sounding like a wood block instead of a flute. Throughout the playback some instruments are not heard at all and other instruments often have notes left out and just intermittent notes played.

I actually phoned Avid and when I got the person to phone back he was of little help and just said I had to go through the forum page. Most disappointing!
Old 11-11-2014, 12:25 AM

In that case, I would try to do it in Sibelius. If you run into problems, raise it on the Sibelius forum which has some knowledgable people on it who can help with the sound set. Scorch is very under developed and it looks like it will for a long time.

There are a few other options but Sibelius would be my first one.