Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2019, 05:02 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 93
Default Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.



We have some old iLoks with PT11 and PT 12 licenses and we need to decide their fate (sell it or keep it or upgrade one of them) and i have some queries regarding the upgrade perpetual options in general...

Has the cross-grade from Pro Tools Standard perpetual license, to Ultimate perpetual license, any restrictions, like expiration time or need an active annual plan to be applied on?

Does it matter if the Standard license to be upgraded, is for PT11/12 only or PT 2019.X for example?

I asked an on-line retailer and they said that a Cross-grade to PT Ultimate can be applied at any time, but i can't find any info on that in Avid's product page to verify the claim.

Any additional info is welcomed.
Thanks.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 14.52.37.png (57.4 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2019, 06:03 AM
EdwardWilliam's Avatar
EdwardWilliam EdwardWilliam is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Las Vegas & Santa Fe, NM USA
Posts: 58
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

+1


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Edward
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 11,788
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

You have all the answers right there on the picture you posted!!

Buy once and you own the license forever if you stop after a year which is said aswell on that picture.

You need a perpetual PT11 or PT12 non HD license and it will include one year of support aswell as all updates that comes that year.
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2019, 07:34 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You have all the answers right there on the picture you posted!!
No i do not!

If we buy this upgrade now, from a 3rd party retailer and want to use it sometime in the future, will it work or is there some kind of expiration date?
Buying directly from Avid, i suppose the upgrade will occur immediately in the account that will be used to make the transaction. We don't want that though, we want to decide on our own where we will use this upgrade.

The retailer we contacted with, said that we can use the code anytime we want, but we prefer to have a confirmation before proceed, because software cannot be refunded. Also can this upgrade be applied to an expired 2019.x PT Standard license in case we sell the old PT 11/12 licenses and want to upgrade the most current one? (probably yes, but better safe than sorry).

There is no info in FAQ that addresses the above queries in Avid's webpage.
As it seems, i'm not the only one who wants some clarifications for that matter...


Cheers!
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM
jordanlross jordanlross is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

+1

Same situation. I have a perpetual PT12 license from way back, which stopped allowing upgrades after 12.5.2.

Now I want to weigh my perpetual vs. subscription options, but there are no sub or upgrade options shown to me in AvidLink or my Avid account online.

Pretty annoying...How do I upgrade my existing license??

Currently on hold with Support...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-14-2019, 12:57 PM
DigiTechSupt's Avatar
DigiTechSupt DigiTechSupt is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 33,610
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanlross View Post
+1

Same situation. I have a perpetual PT12 license from way back, which stopped allowing upgrades after 12.5.2.

Now I want to weigh my perpetual vs. subscription options, but there are no sub or upgrade options shown to me in AvidLink or my Avid account online.

Pretty annoying...How do I upgrade my existing license??

Currently on hold with Support...
Should be available inside your Avid Account under your Pro Tools Product

-Tope
__________________
Avid Audio Tech Support
Help us help you - read this before posting
Support FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2019, 01:00 PM
DigiTechSupt's Avatar
DigiTechSupt DigiTechSupt is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 33,610
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
No i do not!

If we buy this upgrade now, from a 3rd party retailer and want to use it sometime in the future, will it work or is there some kind of expiration date?
Buying directly from Avid, i suppose the upgrade will occur immediately in the account that will be used to make the transaction. We don't want that though, we want to decide on our own where we will use this upgrade.

The retailer we contacted with, said that we can use the code anytime we want, but we prefer to have a confirmation before proceed, because software cannot be refunded. Also can this upgrade be applied to an expired 2019.x PT Standard license in case we sell the old PT 11/12 licenses and want to upgrade the most current one? (probably yes, but better safe than sorry).

There is no info in FAQ that addresses the above queries in Avid's webpage.
As it seems, i'm not the only one who wants some clarifications for that matter...


Cheers!
If you have or about to have an expired Pro Tools perpetual plan and purchase a Reinstatement Plan from an authorized reseller, yes, you can activate this anytime. But if you purchase a renewal from the Avid Website, your Plan will be renewed the time you purchase it. If your plan is still not expired on the date of your Renewal/reinstatement purchase, this will be added to your current plan and will change the expiration date.

-Tope
__________________
Avid Audio Tech Support
Help us help you - read this before posting
Support FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
If you have or about to have an expired Pro Tools perpetual plan and purchase a Reinstatement Plan from an authorized reseller, yes, you can activate this anytime. But if you purchase a renewal from the Avid Website, your Plan will be renewed the time you purchase it. If your plan is still not expired on the date of your Renewal/reinstatement purchase, this will be added to your current plan and will change the expiration date.

-Tope
Dear Tope,

Thanks for your reply, i know how this works, but i'm asking for a different thing here...
I am not talking about renewal, i am talking about upgrade from Pro Tools Standard perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual.

I will give it another shot, hope a bit simpler, this time.

1st case scenario:

I have a Pro Tools 11 or 12 Standard perpetual license, with an expired annual plan.

Want to UPGRADE to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual version by buying this from a 3rd party retailer:



I can use the purchased code to do the upgrade anytime i want, right?
Remember, it is an UPGRADE from Standard to Ultimate, not renewal!


2nd case scenario:

I have a Pro Tools 2019.x Standard perpetual license, with an active annual plan.

Again, want to Upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual version by buying the above product from a 3rd party retailer.
Can i use the purchased code to do the upgrade anytime i want or it has to be before the plan lapse, in this case?

Thanks in advance for your time.


Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 14.52.37.png (57.4 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Akiz Akiz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

Bump!


So, there is no answer to my queries...
Ok, that made our decision very clear...won't upgrade at all, better keep the cash and call it a day!
Thank you!


Cheers!
__________________
Mac Pro 6.1 "Late 2013", 12 Core 2.7 Ghz, 32Gb Ram, 1Tb SSD, MacOs 10.14.4 "Mojave", Apollo Twin Quad, Avid Artist Mix, ProTools 2019.6.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CROSS GRADE 8.0.5 to 10? filmandlight Windows 3 05-15-2018 07:32 PM
Help for cross grade ppj macOS 4 01-08-2015 12:17 PM
Pro Tools 9 cross-grade help djstyleee Pro Tools 9 2 04-25-2011 03:46 AM
cross-grade to Pro-Tools 9....issues!!! bootyt macOS 1 04-16-2011 03:36 PM
Cross grade bmercer Pro Tools 9 1 11-23-2010 01:32 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com